Battle Need new "good" AIO protection!

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
So, my one year with Kaspersky Total Security is coming towards an end. Mostly i´ve been happy with it despite a hate the GUI. Besides the gui i´m a bit irritated over sloow scanspeeds on HDD/SSD and on USB. Also it´s quite a resourcehog! Therefor i´m on the hunt for something new.

SO! Since i´ve been away from this scene for a while i´d like your input on which to choose of the ones in my list. They will all be in the pricerange of ~$5 - $10 (on Ebay :) ). Which one do you think will give me:
- Ease of use
- Nice gui
- "Good" protection
- Reasonably light on resources
- Has a good scanningspeed
- Contains all elements of protection necessary

BEFORE i get the recommendation of Comodo FW with CS´s settings i´d just like to say that i´m not interested in that for the moment! Just your opinions on best paid suite in the list and if i have forgotten someone at the same pricepoint please.

//NcLr

Reactions: Weebarra

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Is there a reason why you've listed these?
Code:
- Eset internet Security 11.x
- ESET smart security
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019
- Trend Micro Maximum Security 12
- McAfee Internet Security 2019 (brrr!)
Have you had previous experiences with it?
I'd drop off the list McAfee and BitDefender. used both, disliked both. I'm actually using BitDefender on one of my machines and I find new bugs every day, to the point that I'm constantly living in fear checking if the antivirus is enabled or it crashed. I tested Trend Micro for the Hub a while ago and it's really really great to avoid infection. Resource consumption was decent. Aforementioned, ESET will be your best choice. Internet Security version is the one I used this year and it's so far the AV I liked the most. Check this guide: Q&A - ESET configuration thread
- Ease of use
- Nice gui
- "Good" protection
- Reasonably light on resources
- Has a good scanningspeed
- Contains all elements of protection necessary
  • ESET is really easy to use but requires a bit customization for more security (check the thread)
  • GUI is attractive and simple
  • Lightest AV on the market
  • Quick scan is fast enough
  • Has firewall, HIPS and tweakable modules

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
All of the above Apps, provide decent protection .
But i will pick Trend, Eset, Norton, Bit defender protection wise.
Trend has great cloud, ML based BB, Mediocore Signatures, Windos firewall, Improved removal capability against Unknown malware(90%) effectiveness.
Eset -First Class signatures, Great U.I, In house firewall, Hips based BB, Disinfection capability, Good cloud.
Bit defender- Great signatures, Excellent cloud, Top notch anti phishing, ATC performs as expected, Auto pilot mode.
Norton- Great heuristics, Mediocore removal against unknown malware, Improved web blocking, SONAR is very very efficient.
MC Afee - I don't recommend this product personally, No Pros only Cons.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Is there a reason why you've listed these?
They are the ones available (on EBAY) for a price that suits my wallet as well as well known and proven in one or more ways. No experience besides trials. And yes, i know it´s a greyzone with keys over EBAY.
THX for the link BTW. Will be very useful.

All of the above Apps, provide decent protection .
But i will pick Trend, Eset, Norton, Bit defender protection wise.
Trend has great cloud, ML based BB, Mediocore Signatures, Windos firewall, Improved removal capability against Unknown malware(90%) effectiveness.
Eset -First Class signatures, Great U.I, In house firewall, Hips based BB, Disinfection capability, Good cloud.
Bit defender- Great signatures, Excellent cloud, Top notch anti phishing, ATC performs as expected, Auto pilot mode.
Norton- Great heuristics, Mediocore removal against unknown malware, Improved web blocking, SONAR is very very efficient.
MC Afee - I don't recommend this product personally, No Pros only Cons.

Thx for that info!

ESET is and has been on top of my list after i decided to switch. The advices in this thread just prove what i thought but did not know for sure since i have´nt had the time to stay updated over the past year.

THX!
//NcLr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.