Advice Request Need recommendation for Chrome browser extension VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Hi,

I'm looking for some recommendation for VPN that's a chrome extension.

Currently I'm using PIA VPN on my Chromebook and would like to have a VPN/proxy extension to compliment my surfing experience.

I got burn by subscribing to Gom VPN which is unstable for my past one month experience.

It couldn't even stream youtube in HD format and I had to disconnect to stream Spotify.

Previously I was using Zenmate VPN which was great but I have ran out of license and the subscription is too much for me to swallow right now.

Many thanks. :D

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@Alkajak Thanks for the recommendations, will check it out.

However since both VPN does have a free option provided, does that mean that I'm also the product (Possibly compromised)?

DotVPN does look nice.

I don't mind paying but it has to be reliable.

Many thanks.:D

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
Testing with ipleak.net test shows webrtc not blocked by any means in chrome when using free extensions DOT , Hoxx etc , and Chrome extension web rtc leak prevent does not work .I use Hoxx free Vpn extension in Slimjet a browser itself that does block WebRTC, or Hoxx in Firefox where add on webrtc disable does block .I use Google or Open Dns to make DNS tracking difficult/impossible. Hoxx has 12 servers in Uk & many more worlwide and its free. I test with Ipleak test and my ip address & Webrtc never shown at all using these methods.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
Hi Yes I prefer Hoxx extn now, Dot only has 1 UK server and become unreliable. Hoxx I find fast and reliable with encryption & 12 UK servers & over 100 worlwide.I only use with Slimjet(Chrome based) & Firefox as Chrome leaks Webrtc ( Local ip / router & proxy address ) I find IPLeak. net Test gives me instant privacy test of IPAddress, WebRtc (if leak) & DNS.
Cyberghost most secure free vpn ive tried with own DNS but long wait to connect with nearest server & 3 hour browse limit.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@broughie Cool, I'll take note of the extension. Thanks for the recommendation.

@frogboy You're right, I was using Zenmate VPN previously but ran out of subscription.
I have no problem with them except with the cost of the VPN (Can totally subscribe a actual secured VPN). :confused:
But thanks anyway.

I guess I'll stick with them for a while or try some other VPN extension.:cool:

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
Some of my non financial/financial websites where I hold accounts only accept same country vpn servers, in my case UK. Zenmate no good to me as limited servers and none uk. Tunnelo vgood as lots international servers but only one uk. Hoxx even more servers & 10 Uk servers when I need to alternate them. I use both in chrome & hoxx works better for me in ffox. Both pass the IPLeak.Net test but i have Google Dns not isp one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.