Need to choose security solution for me

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
Hello,
dunno if this is the right thread, but i need help to choose security solution for me :)
windows 8.1,7, 10
number of pcs: 4-5
home usage
it have to be payed solution
what i want - antiall+firewall
using actually kaspersky, but mine licence ends in some days..and i dont want to continue use - its too heavy for my system
considering emsisoft
is there anything what u can suggest to me ? i dont need "the security things allroud (like shreder, utilities for better run, backup...etc)
thx for help and showing best way to be secure on windows side
have licence for spyshelter firewall, so i dont (i think i dont) need firewall exactly in security suite (but dont have problem to "dont use it"
i want to pay, but the price must be "normal"
if there is any kind of "lifetime" license...give me link :)
thx - if anything is needed, ask, i will answer :)

Reactions: Evandro and PCGamer

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hello,
dunno if this is the right thread, but i need help to choose security solution for me :)
windows 8.1,7, 10
number of pcs: 4-5
home usage
it have to be payed solution
what i want - antiall+firewall
using actually kaspersky, but mine licence ends in some days..and i dont want to continue use - its too heavy for my system
considering emsisoft
is there anything what u can suggest to me ? i dont need "the security things allroud (like shreder, utilities for better run, backup...etc)
have licence for spyshelter firewall, so i dont (i think i dont) need firewall exactly in security suite (but dont have problem to "dont use it"
i want to pay, but the price must be "normal"
if there is any kind of "lifetime" license...give me link :)
thx - if anything is needed, ask, i will answer :)
Emsisoft Good :)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
not gonna lie, you won't be getting the same level of security with any suite alone.
nowadays i'm having the same thoughts, if the impact on my system is worth it using Kaspersky since I can't really find a lighter combination to match it.

I would use Voodooshield for signatures and then pick an other AV for the rest of the features (firewall, hips, etc)

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
not gonna lie, you won't be getting the same level of security with any suite alone.
nowadays i'm having the same thoughts, if the impact on my system is worth it using Kaspersky since I can't really find a lighter combination to match it.

I would use Voodooshield for signatures and then pick an other AV for the rest of the features (firewall, hips, etc)
Kaspersky Really worth It!
I'm using KIS 2018 + Zemana Anti-Malware + Backups
Pure Amazing config
Btw, I tweaked my Kaspersky with TAM On and All the protection on Max.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Take a look at F-Secure SAFE or Internet Security version, it fit your described needs from an AV, the only problem with F-Secure is its price.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
F-Secure is just an other AV relying on Bitdefender's engine, why not use Bitdefender then?
Yeah you have the same mind set like me
That's what I thought all this years I dont get this AVS Who are realying on enging of BS
Why to do this?!
Btw Its Just Hurting Bitdefender beacuse then ppl use that AV That Uses the engine of Bitdefender Like Emsisoft Does
And less ppl will use the actual AV BitDefender.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.