Need to choose security solution for me

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Since you described your situation, it seems you are going to use this software with family. So you need a suite that is not asking too much questions so every family member can understand it. so emsisoft is out. You need a light program, so the light programs that do not ask too much questions are avira panda avast and norton.
I suggest avira, really light and powerful but in recent years they are going the route of some Chinese companies, many unnecessary bundles and heavy promotional things but still they are good.

Reactions: Xsjx

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
thx for suggestions, i continue in research, have some days before kaspersky ends
btw is there any lifetime antivirus or security suite ? i mean payed one.
and yes, i will use it at home with family, but there is absolutely no problem with question popups...

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
thx for suggestions, i continue in research, have some days before kaspersky ends
btw is there any lifetime antivirus or security suite ? i mean payed one.
and yes, i will use it at home with family, but there is absolutely no problem with question popups...
there is no such a thing as lifetime in this industry.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
what i want - antiall+firewall
Antiall, now where can I find one of those, just block everything and be done with it...lol :D

All Jokes aside, asking for a solution for all your devices here, will land you others opinions based on their uses and experiences with products, and will not help you like you think it will. You need to test a few products "which is why many have 15 to 30 day trials" and see what works best for you, your systems, your uses, and above all else your knowledge.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.