Comodo Internet Security
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Antimalware, Zemana Antimalware, AWDCleaner
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox x64, HTTPS everywhere, uBlock Origin, LastPass, FlagFox
Maintenance tools
W10Privacy, Process Hacker, CCleaner, MyDefrag, AESCrypt...
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/nekohr-system.61999/
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

not a big fan of comodo , due to their recent escapades ( chromodo - geekbuddy - privdog ) but your setup looks nice. if you are über paranoïd you can add malwarebytes anti exploit , voodooshield or NVT exe radar pro and for more privacy privazer. also would change defraggler for auslogics defrag free or o&o defrag free , both are more thorough :)

NekoHr

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
I always custom install thing so never had anything but pure hips/firewall /av from Comodo, and I also don't mind getting prompts for being set tight.

Defraggler is enough for me since my system disk is SSD so I use it just for data disks form time to time.

I have a big collection of programs that I use for myself and friends and family when setting their systems so I have all of programs you mentioned but since my system is clean and works perfectly as it is now I don't have them installed on my machine.

BTW. for others, depending on their knowledge (and my availability) I set up different security setups since not all are comfortable with popups asking them what to do when unknown program is started or something. I usually like to prepare them something like Avast/Panda/360 TSE, Unchecky, MBAE, MBAM and Zemana on demand, Firefox with Ublock origin and HTTPS everywhere, CCleaner for light maintenance. This setup proved to bu sufficient for now since I don't get so many calls anymore ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All layers are covered enough, even though you use a lot of cloud storage for backup then better to conduct system image production to restore the state anytime without rely too much on restore points.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Ssd and defraggler? That is a big no no , no matter what a defrag software says About it Being optimized For ssd drives! Just stick with m$ built in trim feature or problems Will occur Sooner or later. The lifespan of your drive Will decrease that much Sooner!!!

Reactions: Vasudev and safe1st

NekoHr

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Ssd and defraggler? That is a big no no , no matter what a defrag software says About it Being optimized For ssd drives! Just stick with m$ built in trim feature or problems Will occur Sooner or later. The lifespan of your drive Will decrease that much Sooner!!!

I'm using defrag only on data disk which is classic mechanical Hitachi 2TB drive.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.