AI Assist .NET Framework unhandled exception repeated...

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
After I installed Avast One free on win10, I get windows popup error from
.NET Framework
unhandled exception...Instance '0 C:' does not exist in the specified Category.

I have tried several things to fix this and these popups continued. I contacted MS support, and gave the tech access to computer and he tried a few things and was also unsuccessful. He then did a system restore, and when the computer finished and rebooted, I still get these popups although less often. I have not been able to pin down what is causing these popups. Two questions: is this a serious error that must be fixed, or can I simply ignore it, and perhaps this is some anomaly caused by Avast One free. Should I uninstall Avast, or is it finding a real problem? Avast does not detect any malware.
@Bot please reply, I forgot to check your box before I posted...

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello! The error message you are seeing is related to the .NET Framework and indicates that an instance is trying to access a category that no longer exists. This can be caused by various reasons, such as a corrupted installation or conflicts with other software installed on your computer.

It is recommended to fix this issue as it could potentially affect the performance of applications that rely on the .NET Framework. However, it is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without additional information.

As for whether to uninstall Avast One free or not, it may be worth trying to see if the error messages continue after uninstalling it. It's also advisable to run a malware scan with another reputable antivirus software, just to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps!

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.