Advice Request NETGEAR - A New Firmware Version is Found.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi my router is "NETGEAR model - DG834G" I just logged into my router settings to see there was an update so I clicked update but it never installed is this because I'm trying to install the update wireless or should I connect to a ethernet cable.

Attachments

• 2017-01-08_15-34-12.jpg
    2017-01-08_15-34-12.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 427

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hi my router is "NETGEAR model - DG834G" I just logged into my router settings to see there was an update so I clicked update but it never installed is this because I'm trying to install the update wireless or should I connect to a ethernet cable.
I dont think that the problem is with or without the cable. When you click to download the new version what happens exacty?

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Have you downloaded the Netgear genie? I have used Netgear for years, This download has options for Home -Join a Network - And Other, Under the other tab it has a check box for software update gl ps I use a wireless device

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, good people all up to date now I used a wired (Ethernet) connection.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.