RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This is really weird and I'm failing to find it an explanation. Possible I'm paranoid and it's a series of coincidences, but with the possibility of infection I'd like to come to somebody that clearly knows better than me.

Useful facts:
  • I do have a VPN and I didn't have it active when this occured
  • Windows and software updates up to date.
  • Connected to a work network with shared devices OFF (PC not visible for others)
As for the Twitter and Facebook mentioned issue (below, on symptoms) I checked the accesses to my account after the blocking, but found nothing worth worrying, only my accesses.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    48.7 KB · Views: 51
  • FRST.txt
    105.5 KB · Views: 53

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello,

I do not see signs of infection in your logs.
To be expected. Thanks for the assistance though.

For those interested in this case, I have already figured it out on my own. There has been a network attack or IP leak on the office. We all share the same IP and I found it was compromised (used for spam emailing), therefore why Google detected unusual traffic on our IP and social networks were blocking our accounts.

Solution: rebooted and resetted routers, flushed DNS and ask ISP for an IP change. We need more restrictive policies regarding our employees lel.

See you soon!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.