Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hi guys,

I have been facing frequent disconnects while gaming, it would just disconnect from the servers, and my whole computer would just not be connected to the internet for several seconds before being connected again.

I know that it's only my computer because my phone still connects to the wifi just fine and still has internet.

Not really sure what else to try any more, I've searched for updates to my network adapter but it says that it is already the latest.

I wanted to check if my computer was only disconnecting when I game or is it constantly disconnecting without me noticing.

Is there an app that allows me to monitor my computer for disconnects constantly? I saw something like this Free Spiceworks Download - IT Management for Tablets & Mobile Devices not sure if it'll work?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hi guys,

I have been facing frequent disconnects while gaming, it would just disconnect from the servers, and my whole computer would just not be connected to the internet for several seconds before being connected again.

I know that it's only my computer because my phone still connects to the wifi just fine and still has internet.

Not really sure what else to try any more, I've searched for updates to my network adapter but it says that it is already the latest.

I wanted to check if my computer was only disconnecting when I game or is it constantly disconnecting without me noticing.

Is there an app that allows me to monitor my computer for disconnects constantly? I saw something like this Free Spiceworks Download - IT Management for Tablets & Mobile Devices not sure if it'll work?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

No app, just run continuous pings to determine the drop. Load command prompt (CMD), then type ping -t x.x.x.x where x is the IP address. Open multiple ones up and ping multiple things.

1) Ping Router (192.168.1.1)?
2) Ping Modem
3) Ping Gateway
4) Ping Switch
5) Ping another PC
6) Ping Google 8.8.8.8

Keep them all going, when it drops, see which one is dropping then you have your culprit.

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
No app, just run continuous pings to determine the drop. Load command prompt (CMD), then type ping -t x.x.x.x where x is the IP address. Open multiple ones up and ping multiple things.

2) Ping Modem
3) Ping Gateway
4) Ping Switch
5) Ping another PC
6) Ping Google 8.8.8.8

Keep them all going, when it drops, see which one is dropping then you have your culprit.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep the pings up the next time to see which one drops first!

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014

2) Ping Modem
3) Ping Gateway
4) Ping Switch
5) Ping another PC
6) Ping Google 8.8.8.8

Found the culprit, it would seem that avast free was causing the drops, turned it off and the game runs without a hitch

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.