New Ads Personalisation Settings rolled out, it's worth a look!

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google has launched a revamped ad settings page, helping users understand and control how ads target them.
It’s the latest privacy-focused move from the search giant in light of increasing concerns over how major corporations handle user data.

This page lists a variety of interests that Google has linked to the user through their online habits. Categories could be things like “country music,” “computer hardware,” or “corner shops,” and they appear alongside an estimate of an individual’s age and their sex (if Google is able to identify these).

These are the topics that Google may feature in the ads it shows you.

The website is worth taking a look at even if you don’t want to tweak the settings; just to take a peek at what your online habits may have revealed about you.

If you have a keener interest in what you can do to limit Google ad targeting, though, we’ve put together a quick guide on how to limit ad targeting below.
Quoted source: How to control the ads you see with Google's new ad personalization settings
From the web: Google's new Ad Settings show how dumb targeted ads still are

Google Blog: Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience
Twitter:

L

Local Host

I'll be honest I saw nothing new, I had access to this options at least 1y ago and had already everything turned OFF.

Reactions: Daviworld

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.