Battle New: Avast 7 IS vs Comodo IS Pro 5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
New producucts new question:
Avast 7 IS vs Comodo IS Pro 5.9.What is better now!?!

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
[attachment=1296]
Earth said:
Never seen the "FileRep" in action, and I'm having the issue of "Stream Updatings" not working across 3 computers, (all Windows 7, 1x64-bit (clean install) and 2x32-bit (upgrade over updater). Not sure what's causing this.

Earth have u checked the streaming update status and the folder??For some users,the UI is refreshing status incorrectly so keep an eye on the Streaming update folder.

D

Deleted member 178

malwarekiller said:
however,when behav shield on ask it comes to be HIPS and less behav guard :D

You should avoid to say that since many members are beginners and may be confused :D

A BB set on ask is still a BB, since it ask only for suspicious "behaviors" that are defined in its rules.

An HIPS just ask allow or block if the process/files/executable is not whitelisted.

It is why a BB is more user-friendly to a beginner.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just wondering, but does Comodo (CIS Pro) have ID Protection/or an Online Banking environment?

P

Plexx

Depending on the user, like Jack said, both are good. What I always liked in Comodo was HIPS and Firewall.
Avast for the resources, and also the Boot time scan.

Earth: Would Trust Connect be qualified as an ID protection? It is part of the CIS Complete.

.Sam.

Level 1
Aug 9, 2011
Avast slows down my boot time, every time I startup my computer , there's a black screen which stays for about 10 seconds 'then' only the desktop icons show up. Usually It won't.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
Just wondering, but does Comodo (CIS Pro) have ID Protection/or an Online Banking environment?

No it don't have those "bonus" (not to say gadget) features, it supposed to block malwares and antiloggers to penetrate your system., and if you have Trust Connect, it secure your wifi connections. You dont need ID Protection/banking mode since your system is supposed to be clean.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I just cannot think of comparing paid product with free one and if its comodo paid I will not pay a single penny for buying comodo product,so no matter of comparing and no matter of discussing about the two product,and if i have to give score out of 100 in terms of detection usability and performance i will give avast 89/100 where comodo gets hardly 49/100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.