App Review New Bitdefender Free Antivirus (TPCS)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Leo at The PC Security Channel

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Shadowra already made a video with BD free and kaspersky free , both had exellent result.
BD's ATD is very strong. In today's tests against a new ransomware, BD is one of a few AVs successfully blocking the encryption process (BD/Sophos/Huorong/CrowdStrike/Avast/WV blocked; Kaspersky/ESET Internet Security/Symantec/McAfee failed). See Devos Ransomware x1 (3/31) (in Chinese).

Last edited:

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I tried the new TS, stil slow and memory hog, eventhough i have 10GB or RAM, so slow....
And everything is in Autopilot... can not change a single thing to my liking...

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
You will forgive me, but you do a half test. If you look bitdefender blocks most of the samples with access denied, considering it's 1000 samples. Avast has all its modules active in the free version, however bitdefender, kaspersky and others with free versions have several options blocked. You didn't let the script finish, you didn't do a manual scan with bitdefender and you didn't restart the computer. Bitdefender and various AVs remove the malware once the computer is rebooted. Greetings.
yes I didn't let the test finish as it had already let malware run and was active and communicating with outside remote ips... that is enough for me for a fail.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

You will forgive me, but you do a half test. If you look bitdefender blocks most of the samples with access denied, considering it's 1000 samples. Avast has all its modules active in the free version, however bitdefender, kaspersky and others with free versions have several options blocked. You didn't let the script finish, you didn't do a manual scan with bitdefender and you didn't restart the computer. Bitdefender and various AVs remove the malware once the computer is rebooted. Greetings.
@kC77 is not a Youtube tester. I don't think he really cares. Creating antivirus test videos is a drag and just not very productive. Most people should just use the trial and test it for themselves.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.