New Build Update 27.0.16.87 Disables BD Firewall Module.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
There have been about 4-5 separate threads regarding this issue. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention, just so you would know if it happens to you.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yup, after updating, FW was disabled. I enabled it but the settings inside are grayed out. I believe a new build will be released soon to address this issue

1692710050811.png

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
When that update occurs and BD's firewall is disabled is windows firewall enabled?
Good question Bryan, yes it is, from my post in the above thread link. Another member on the forum also confirmed that.

• Thanks
Reactions: vtqhtr413

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The fix has just been sent out. You may need to restart your device first, then try a right-click system tray icon update, and it should show the update happening incrementally, i.e. 32% 45% 78% etc, until it updates. A restart is not required.
View attachment 278035

Yup, just received it too. FW back to normal now. But build number still remains the same at 27.0.16.87

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
When that update occurs and BD's firewall is disabled is windows firewall enabled?
that's the question!
FWIW I had similar issue with ESET Premium a few months ago, ESET could not (did not) fix its firewall or the win firewall, ended up working with Microsoft techs to rebuild my win10. ESET is removed here. (no idea of current status of that issue).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.