New February 2018 AV-Test.org is Online

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Yeah but it is the same arguments, comments, etc every time.

Member 1: Posts AV testing chart
Member 2: Complains because their favorite didn't come first
Member 2: Complains because Windows Defender did well
Member 3: Complains because they think Windows Defender realistically does not perform well
Member 4: Complains because people are allegedly bashing Microsoft
Member 5: Justification whilst siding with Member 2 and 3
Member 6: AV XXXX sucks
Member 7: Complains with Member 6
Member 8: A moderator who joins the thread because of the on-going trouble
Member 9, Member 10, Member 11, Member 12, Member 13, Member 14, Member 15: All have a complete mash-up argument
Member 16: XXXXX is stupid
Member 17: XXXXX is stupid, agreed on
Member 18: Nope Member 16 and 17 are wrong for their opinions

It normally goes along the lines of something like that. Surprisingly, it didn't even go half as bad as usual this time.
How accurat :D That give me a laugh, even if i shoudlnt? But thanks anyway.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Just looking at the top products we have already noticed is a joke (removing Kaspersky). AV-Test and AV-C = humor websites.

Wait what?

9d377cb0-fc4f-43fd-8a92-0ec04327ba3a.png

Reactions: ZeroDay and mekelek

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
There is a free trial on the Korean version of the site after signing up for an account but as far as I can tell it's not accessible to anyone outside Korea as it looks like you can only sign up for the account with a ROK national ID number.

This. Vendors decide whether they participate in testing or not.

Emsisoft hasn't been tested by AVT since 2016.

Exactly !

ESET simple didnt want to look bad again in AV-Test (despite being a top-tier antivirus solution).

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You understood wrong, I meant that it is a joke the "top" products (except Kaspersky) ie taking Kaspersky, which I think is a top product, except the others on the list.

I see now.

Reactions: Faybert

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
It is almost like all products aren't static and will have different results every time.

Only an average of many tests done over a long span of time can paint a clear picture of the protection an AV offers.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
It is almost like all products aren't static and will have different results every time.

Only an average of many tests done over a long span of time can paint a clear picture of the protection an AV offers.

You are right, but to be fair Kaspersky is the exception, it always do great in every kind of test since a long time time ago, so we can conclude that it really is a top tier solution.

Reactions: Azure and ZeroDay

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
You are right, but to be fair Kaspersky is the exception, it always do great in every kind of test since a long time time ago, so we can conclude that it really is a top tier solution.

Sure, I know I have never seen it do badly. Yet, I always see emsisoft have its moments where it doesn't do too good in these AV-C testing but then in independent testing it always completely protects.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Pup seems to be the only thing Kaspersky is lacking on.

Reactions: L0ckJaw

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.