LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
MrXidus said:
Sammo said:
MrXidus said:
Notice it says "Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.ih"

Avira VirusTotal result:

AST13fK.png

Not the same, So instead I looked down the list of other vendors to see if I could find a prefix that matches the same as the one displayed in Baidu Antivirus 2013.

Kaspersky VirusTotal result:

Uf6cWsm.png

I'll let you wonder what it means.

:sleepy:
I have read rumors that Baidu uses both Avira and Kaspersky. :)

An explanation for the Kaspersky previx is what I'm interested in finding out right now, Either they're legally using a technology by them or it's another one of those "IObit stealing Malwarebytes signatures" scenarios. /s
It wouldn't be the first time that a free antivirus from China used Kaspersky signatures, as Kingsoft's old Chinese-only Keniu (cow) Antivirus included Kaspersky signatures.

To repeat Earth's earlier post, has anyone tried the HIPS included?

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
pq1zwjg83t.jpg
jwd3fygi5h.jpg

http://shadu.baidu.com/
Kaspersky technologies have emerged, so far only in Chinese

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
After everyone had assumed that Kingsoft Antivirus was discontinued, a new version just appeared on Softpedia.

No changelogs are posted for Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 SP5.7 but what is even more strange their support forum is gone and their homepage redirects you to http://www.ijinshan.com/ (Chinese).

After Baidu bought Kingsoft Security the last thing I was expecting was a new version of Kingsoft Antivirus.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Thanks.:D

D Bone

May 28, 2011
Why would anyone in their right mind want to use this on a production machine? Makes no sense to me.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Littlebits said:
After everyone had assumed that Kingsoft Antivirus was discontinued, a new version just appeared on Softpedia.

No changelogs are posted for Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 SP5.7 but what is even more strange their support forum is gone and their homepage redirects you to http://www.ijinshan.com/ (Chinese).

After Baidu bought Kingsoft Security the last thing I was expecting was a new version of Kingsoft Antivirus.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Thanks.:D

may be they can not decide about which Brand to use Kingsoft or Baidu, AFAIK, they stopped Kingsoft, as their support forum is stopped responding long time ago, or may be they are thinking about which engine to continue as they have 2 licensed engines in their hand [Avira and Kaspersky]....
may be they continue with Kingsoft with Avira engine, and Baidu with Kaspersky engine.....

NO ONE KNOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.