New Kaspersky 2020 English available

gide5

Sep 1, 2019
I apologize if this is a really stupid question but ...

I want to buy KIS 2019 from Amazon.co.uk (they're not selling KIS 2020 yet) but I noticed that the Kaspersky website only offers you KIS 2020.

Will the KIS 2019 activation code work with KIS 2020 on a clean install, as I have 2016 installed so (I guess) I'd have to uninstall that first and remove that license.

Or do I have to install KIS 2019 offline /en-gb/kis/19.0.0.1088/, add the 2019 activation code, then upgrade internally to 2020?

The Kaspersky website says that a KIS 2019 activation code will only work with KIS 19, 18 & 17, but I keep reading that you get a free upgrade from the current product to the latest. Is that when KIS 2019 is already installed?

Thanks in advance.

gide5

Sep 1, 2019
Reactions: oldschool

Lusitano

Sep 2, 2019
Yes, that is right.

KAV2020PT-PT: https://mega.nz/#!K0dHXQrZ!o4Fkk9RbE11eg_VivVgoXo4V-BzVisISx42QJkpQ99Y

KIS2020PT-TP: https://mega.nz/#!ioFHzagT!m6sqcn35_gLp3jceWkOQgxUUwpZwruONWFi4Ent1TNE

Last edited by a moderator:

liamZ

Level 1
Oct 17, 2015
Hi, months ago I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus version 2019, now the version is 19.0.0.1088(h).
Does not Kaspersky updates itself to the new 2020 version?
What can I do to upgrade to 2020 version?
Thanks.

Reactions: harlan4096

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Jesus, installed latest Kaspersky Cloud Free and it BSOD'ed my system after installation, after uninstallation of VPN, lockedup during uninstall, what the hell. I had to forcibly remove it with kavremove. Oh and it trashed my SSD so chkdsk activated and fixed some stuff.

Reactions: elquenunca

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Did you take care to uninstall another Security Suite before installing Kaspersky ?
If not there must be probably something wrong with your OS or hardware.

Reactions: harlan4096

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Jesus, installed latest Kaspersky Cloud Free and it BSOD'ed my system after installation, after uninstallation of VPN, lockedup during uninstall, what the hell. I had to forcibly remove it with kavremove. Oh and it trashed my SSD so chkdsk activated and fixed some stuff.
Do you use system restore or any image backup that uses it? If so, you might want to check if KAV remover broke system restore.

Reactions: roger_m

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Do you use system restore or any image backup that uses it? If so, you might want to check if KAV remover broke system restore.

Oh for god sake, is Kaspersky still screwing System Restore? I'm now getting error when opening System Restore panel. I was fixing this ages ago, but can't remember if I fixed it or not...

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Oh for god sake, is Kaspersky still screwing System Restore? I'm now getting error when opening System Restore panel. I was fixing this ages ago, but can't remember if I fixed it or not...
It sounds like you already know what to do. But just in case, here's the blog that helped me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.