New Member Intro. Hello World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erichthinks

Thread author
Feb 21, 2014
Hello, fellow hunters. I find myself here because about four times daily I find myself in front of the elderly woman behind the counter in a small town, trying to explain to her in clear terms the best way to keep from paying our business for malware cleanups once every 6 months...

I've used the forums here as a malware killer to great success (!) for my employer, but I need to register and give back to a community that's already thriving. Thanks for allowing this to happen. Happy hunting.

E

Erichthinks

Thread author
Feb 21, 2014
Am I missing a sticky for common security acronyms? I'm looking through the Security Configuration Wizard forum and seeing a lot of WSA/CIS, but not sure what those are. Initial indications coupled with some searching is a cisco web security appliance and comodo?? Thanks!

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Am I missing a sticky for common security acronyms? I'm looking through the Security Configuration Wizard forum and seeing a lot of WSA/CIS, but not sure what those are. Initial indications coupled with some searching is a cisco web security appliance and comodo?? Thanks!
I don't think there is a sticky about that but CIS = comodo internet security and WSA = Webroot secure anywhere

Reactions: Erichthinks
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.