New Member Need Virus Help

Hana_C

Thread author
Jun 7, 2014
Hi, as I wrote in the thread info, my computer is only abt a week old. I have not downloaded anything on it but a few files I use for a home business, a free trail of adobe pro XI, trial of adobe photoshop, air and down load assistance and then the computer prompted me to down load adobe reader XI, (did I need the adobe reader XI if I have the pro version?). Originally there was the optimser pro program but I got rid of it with the revo uninstaller. Of course I have the 4 programs I downloaded as per your guide:(revo, adwarecleaner, malwarebites, and hitman pro) the rest of the programs are mostly acer related like acer cloud, games etc). I also transferred 3 movies from another computer, and my 5 year old plays some silly games from sites like nick jr. After following all the instructions on your site, I ran Mcafee again and this time most of the 6 viruses were in C:uder the user me in Microsoft Window files. SO my question is how do I get rid of them since they seem to be entering to computer some how even when I have downloaded nothing since using all those cleaner programs and yet there are more viruses and unwanted programs then before.
Thanks so much for any help

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
This forum is run by volunteers that spend their free time free of charge. We offer help only for private computers and not for ones used for business. Company is making money via this PC so you should pay someone to repair it.

Hana_C

Thread author
Jun 7, 2014
Sorry my mistake, I am a Stay at home mom who makes little craft items that once in a while a friend offers to buy I wouId have made about $50 in the last 2 years, the files I downloaded were pictures of pieces of old dictionary papers to use a backgrounds for wrapping papers. This "homebusiness" is a VERY loose term and just gives me something to do in the very few hours my kids are sleeping and if someone, once in a blue moon wants to buy something I have happy for the 5 bucks. The only reason I mentioned it was to show that I am not just downloading files all over the place, making it easy for me to download all kinds of virueses. Although yes I have made the $50 in the last few years and I do use my computer (mostly for watching you tube videos which does "help or inspire me to craft") that is all I meant. My husband does general labour so I assure you, we are in no position to be paying money to anyone for anything. I found this website bc I did not want to throw away a brand new computer since I myself only know what to do from websites like yours, and would not be able to pay some one to fix anything. So I apologize for posting if this precludes me from using this site.
Hana

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.