New PC

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Well, I finally built it today (or well.. the friend/technician who gathered all the components did) and this is the final result. Keep in mind I have a 500GB drive, but Speccy is showing it a bit lower than that.

Anyway, enjoy.

TQE04.png

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
win7holic said:
looks good, Dejan :)
Love it.
then ,what you do on your new PC?

I'm going to use it primarily for mid-end gaming, so games like MW2, Portal 2, A.V.A, Virtua Tennis 4 etc.
I know the graphics card is an entry-level card, but seeing videos of it playing games on lower-end systems, I think it'll be good enough. Other than that, some other stuff.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
dejan has already say about it (above)
I'm going to use it primarily for mid-end gaming, so games like MW2, Portal 2, A.V.A, Virtua Tennis 4 etc.
I know the graphics card is an entry-level card, but seeing videos of it playing games on lower-end systems, I think it'll be good enough. Other than that, some other stuff.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
With which Intel processor can the AMD processor on your new PC be compared?

With a Pentium.

Have you tried to see if you can unlock the forth core? I will try to see if it goes

Edit:

What need is a motherboard that allows you to unlock the 4th core, which is done in the bios/CMOS. The video below will show how it's done. I hope this helps. With all four core enabled you will be able to play BF3 maybe since you don't have high resolution monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Not going to unlock the fourth core. It's risky, only x% of them actually work and kind of unneeded too.
I could play BF3 fine actually, if I had a better graphics card, considering the processor is above the minimum of BF3.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dejan said:
Not going to unlock the fourth core. It's risky, only x% of them actually work and kind of unneeded too.
I could play BF3 fine actually, if I had a better graphics card, considering the processor is above the minimum of BF3.

The fourth core should only be disable. You also unlock a lvl 3 cache can increase your overall performance. Games, video editing benefits greats from lvl 3 cache.

In BF3 there should be a option called pre-rendered frames or similar. Put that to the highest and try to see if that helps.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
nice but why didn't you go for a phenom IIx4 instead?i had a biostar motherboard i just upgraded to msi to use ddr3 i have a phenom II 945 i can say msi is much better than bios star :) btw your grahpic rocks :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dejan said:
No core unlocker on this motherboard, tried already.

if you want to unlock them you have to buy a motherboard that allows that. Biostar has such one.

I think it's worth buying a new motherboard.

I will see what motherboard supports that.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Ah, I won't do that just yet, I know that a specific chipset supports the core unlocker, I don't have that one.
I might in the future when I have some more money.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dejan said:
Ah, I won't do that just yet, I know that a specific chipset supports the core unlocker, I don't have that one.
I might in the future when I have some more money.

sounds good. otherwise you can save for a new one when the next apu comes out, with strong gpu inside.

Regards :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.