New Rig Config

I

illumination

Thread author
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionnal Protection
UAC: Maximum
Virtualization: Shadow Defender
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitoring
Process Monitor: KillSwitch
Utility Programs
System Utility: Ccleaner,Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
Backup/Recovery
Backup: Recovery Disks/built in image.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo all-around.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Tweaked" for CIS6, what settings have you modified?

I

illumination

Thread author
Earth said:
Comodo all-around.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Tweaked" for CIS6, what settings have you modified?

Meaning it is not of default config :D
First thing i do is switch it to "Proactive security" instead of the default "Internet security" then i change the behavior blocker "auto sandbox" from " partially limited to untrusted. I set the firewall to "block all in coming". In the firewall settings i enable "filter IPv6 traffic, filter loopback traffic, block fragmented IP traffic, do protocol analysis, enable anti-ARP spoofing", i also set a custom rule set for outbound traffic. The "alert frequency level" is not ticked by default, i tick it and set the alert level to medium.

If your curious why Comodo.. It is light, and set up the way i have it, i have never had an infection, as i used basically the same settings with V5.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
HIPS enabled or not? Full virtualization enabled?

I

illumination

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
HIPS enabled or not? Full virtualization enabled?

Hips enabled, it is why the proactive setting, to run both, full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.

you should enable it , so some flaws of CIS' HIPS/BB will be backed-up.

I

illumination

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.

you should enable it , so some flaws of CIS' HIPS/BB will be backed-up.

I just finished up with the last of the set up of the new system. I went into BIOS and enabled the VT for the system. My last step/stop will be the registry, to enable full VT in CIS :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Can't find anything that you could add, covered all grounds and like Earth said Comodo all round :p

I

illumination

Thread author
McLovin said:
Can't find anything that you could add, covered all grounds and like Earth said Comodo all round :p

It works for me, for at least the time :D

I

illumination

Thread author
BSOD said:
A lot of notifications/nag screens?

With the custom out bound firewall setting you will have notifications until the firewall is trained, after that it quiets down unless something moves that should not ;)

I

illumination

Thread author
This original config of CIS was on the other system i sent back. I am running KIS 2013 on my new system, the trial came pre-installed, so i gave it a couple days, and its running great on here, so i got a license.

I

illumination

Thread author
Removed: KIS 2013
Added: CIS V6

KIS was still a little heavy for my taste, i noticed it when preforming photo editing tasks extensively.. So for the time being, i went back to CIS..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.