Ask about Crypto New to Crypto. I need help understanding it.

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

1lor

Thread author
Apr 19, 2024
I have been mining crypto on a couple of platforms for the past 3 years, but to be honest I still regard myself as a complete newbie and don't understand it. Are there any good books that explain it in a simple manner or websites I could look at?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Absolutely! For books, "Mastering Bitcoin" by Andreas M. Antonopoulos and "The Age of Cryptocurrency" by Paul Vigna & Michael J. Casey are great. Websites like CoinDesk, Cointelegraph, and CryptoCompare are also helpful. You can also consider online courses from platforms like Coursera and Udacity.

Upvote 1

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
Since you're miner, i think the best book for you related to trading. As best to know when to take profit.

Books
Trading Wisdom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093KQ2BL2

I was a miner years ago. My biggest mistake is holding 80% my crypto during bull market. Should sell most of them, and only stacking most of it in bear market only.

And since ETH went POS mining is dead, if you mining alt coins just becareful when investing to purchase GPU. With low profit from mining + difficulty algo increasing everyday, I dont think it's good idea to keep going.

For timeline
GTX 1080 release May 27 2016
RTX 2080 September 20th, 2018

RTX 3080 September 17, 2020
RTX 4080 Nov 16, 2022

RTX 5080 and RTX 5090 Q4 2024

New superior GPU releases ~2 years, but i think later it will be faster then you know

Mining is kinda addictive and fun but if i were you, just sell all those GPU while you can, and just buy the coin lol

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.