Solved New Unwanted Toolbar Hijacking Google search on Microsoft Edge

Gassit

Thread author
Oct 9, 2016
Nothing seems to help. I have a toolbar which appears intermittently at the top of my Google home page. I am using Microsoft Edge. It has a close (x) button and can be shut down but it reappears and hijacks searches in Google whenever it appears. You think you are typing in Google but your typing is actually being hijacked to the unwanted toolbar which then searches in Yahoo. Also separate pop ups appear from time to time in small minimised windows. Also sometimes an extra tab is inserted into Microsft Edge.

I have used Adware Cleaner, Malware Bytes, CCleaner, and Hitman Pro nut nothing seesm to fix the problem. It also infects Internet Explorer if I open that. I have removed and reinstalled Edge but that didn't work either.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    165 KB · Views: 3

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

Reactions: DardiM

Gassit

Thread author
Oct 9, 2016
Hello,

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.
Many thanks for your reply - I have downloaded and run Zemana as you asked - attached is the log. I will monitor to see if the toolbar and pop ups are gone from Edge. As I mentioned the toolbar comes and goes.

Attachments

• 2016.10.10-08.41.23-i0-t92-d7.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.