New Update Next chapter for OVPN

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Nine years ago, I founded OVPN on the strong belief in a free, more open, and secure internet. One where you would not have to worry about government censorship or prying eyes from third parties. It is my—and by extension OVPN’s—core principle. Staying true to our core principles is a never-ending mission, and it is a mission we have faithfully executed.

But I have not done it alone. Throughout the years I have recruited a core team of people without which we would not be where we are. All the countless gallons of coffee that have been consumed, keyboards that have been replaced, and lines of code written have all led to where we are today. And, of course, we have you to thank for it, too. Without your support, we would not be where we are today. You are what drives our passion; the reason we do what we do. With you in mind, we developed the first diskless VPN infrastructure in the world, designed a completely log-free VPN service, added VPN support for over 25 systems, and added support for streaming services—just to mention a few key moments from the past nine years.

And still, there are uncountable lines of code yet unwrit. An endless amount of coffee yearning to be consumed. Untold broken keyboards eager to be replaced, and a passel of improvements longing to be developed. So many, in fact, that we cannot possibly hope to achieve it all alone. And thus, it is with great pleasure that we can open our doors and take our first step on a new and exciting journey. One filled with new experiences and opportunities. For today, I can finally announce our acquisition by Pango.

For those unfamiliar with Pango, they are leading the charge when it comes to security and privacy through services such as antivirus protection, VPN services, and robocall blocking. As part of Pango, I strongly believe we can take OVPN to new heights as the leading VPN service for privacy and security. With their help, we will have more resources to help improve our apps, infrastructure, and develop features. Better ability to offer support across multiple time zones, and more opportunities to grow and expand the OVPN brand. In short, more of the same, but better. And faster. We will still have the same hardcore team of security and integrity enthusiasts, the same steadfast principles, but more opportunities to do what we do best.

There are no changes planned for your current OVPN account and subscription, it will continue to function just as it always has with the same add-ons and number of allowed devices. OVPN will continue to operate as its own individual service. Your customer data as outlined in our privacy policy is still hosted on infrastructure operated by OVPN, and our VPN infrastructure will continue to function with the same high security practices we have always employed.
As I said before: Need Advice - Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?
Source: Next chapter for OVPN

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
The founder of OVPN established the VPN service with the belief in a free, more open, and secure internet. OVPN is dedicated to staying true to its core principles, which is a never-ending mission. This information comes from the "Next chapter for OVPN" blog post on their website.

• Wow
Reactions: Sorrento and kylprq

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
36 months €151.92 charged once every three years, is me or dose this VPN seam rather expensive,
That's about normal for a Vpn. Mullvad is €60 a year, IVPN Pro is $220 dollars for 3 years & AirVpn is €99 for 3 years (Discounted to €79 now)

So OVPN pricing is average. But I would choose and recommend the 3 services I mentioned above with a doubt before OVPN.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
That's about normal for a Vpn. Mullvad is €60 a year, IVPN Pro is $220 dollars for 3 years & AirVpn is €99 for 3 years (Discounted to €79 now)

So OVPN pricing is average. But I would choose and recommend the 3 services I mentioned above with a doubt before OVPN.
Currently mullvad is my first choice vpn, although I used ivpn for years, but recently left ivpn, don't recall why -- I have to check my notes. :unsure: I either read something or it hiccupped.
EDIT I was then running AppGuard and some update from ivpn and AG log starting showing the ivpn service launched \system32\reg.exe ...unexplained.

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Currently mullvad is my first choice vpn, although I used ivpn for years, but recently left ivpn, don't recall why -- I have to check my notes. :unsure: I either read something or it hiccupped.
I'm with you there, I left IVPN when they pushed out vulnerable Windows client release. I just assumed I got pwned because of that bug/exploit/bad release.

Now I only use official WireGuard client to connect to Vpn, no Vpn client's just WG config files.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Seems to me OVPN need sme help or cash, maybe both - I have a long licence with them (and a t-shirt) as all was well then I had issues with certain web addresses especially such as bbc.co.uk which I use often using the OVPN UK server & I'm in the UK! - Little help from them other than offering a static IP - After fortunately only buying a three month one I found out afterwards it doesn't work on Wireguard, in the end I gave up with them & moved on - What they need is split tunnelling & more than one IP as the only one I got is blacklisted - IMO Their support isn't I feel as knowledgeable or friendly as they seem to think?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.