NextCloud and how great it has become

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
OH I completely forget to actually answer your question :)

To install NC, first you need a linux machine (I would prefer UBUNTU for NC), then you should install the required components such as PHP, MySQL and so on and finally the NC itself. Maximum it will take about 20-40min depending on your Linux knowledge.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The 3rd option looks most appealing, as I do not have access to a dedicated Linux machine.

Can Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for Windows 10 be used for anything, or not recommended?

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
The 3rd option looks most appealing, as I do not have access to a dedicated Linux machine.

Can Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for Windows 10 be used for anything, or not recommended?
The answer is YES however, I strongly would not recommend it.

PHP in general is a native feature of Linux machines and always PHP scrips run better on Linux. BUT... you are always free to test.

I unfortunately do not have enough experience with Windows Servers that I can help you. I am even running Linux on my notebook and desktop machines :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.