NextDNS is new Firefox DNS-over HTTPS partner

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

@Azure For Firefox, after setting your desired DoH, in about:config change "network.trr.mode" to 3 and set "network.trr.bootstrapAddress" to the ip4 address of your DoH provider. This would ensure no matter what Firefox is always using DoH.

network.trr.mode modes explained:
  • 0 - Off (default). use standard native resolving only (don't use TRR at all)
  • 1 - Reserved (used to be Race mode)
  • 2 - First. Use TRR first, and only if the name resolve fails use the native resolver as a fallback.
  • 3 - Only. Only use TRR. Never use the native (This mode also requires the bootstrapAddress pref to be set)
  • 4 - Reserved (used to be Shadow mode)
  • 5 - Off by choice. This is the same as 0 but marks it as done by choice and not done by default.
*TRR = Trusted Recursive Resolver
@SeriousHoax can you help me out? I am trying to setup nextdns with Simple DNSCrypt can not find any working way. I read on Github that you got it working with your custom NextDNS profile.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@SeriousHoax can you help me out? I am trying to setup nextdns with Simple DNSCrypt can not find any working way. I read on Github that you got it working with your custom NextDNS profile.
Hi! Yeah, I got it working back then. I'm not using Simple DNSCrypt at the moment but I can help you by giving my config file. You'll just have to edit 2/3 three lines and add your own NextDNS related lines. I think I have the config file backed up online. Hit me up on the private message I'll give it to you tell what needs to be edited.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.