Nikos' Config

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Dont want to use real time Antivirus Scan cause i notice it slows down the pc a bit. I beleive in the Proactive Security and Defense.

Apart for that no AV can detect anything or can remove virus successfully.

I prefer aprt for security to be working in a light system as well.

I will appreciate your security expert opinions.

Your forum is great by the way! Iam happy i googled an came up in my results! Too tired tesing security of my own! :)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
RE: Am i secure enough?

You need an antivirus. Here are some free antivirus programs:
AVG Free, Avast Free, Panda Cloud Antivirus, Microsoft Security Essentials.

You could include Malwarebytes Antimalware, or Emsisoft Antimalware (has a paid full version too).

(This is from your previous thread)

Nikos said:
Dont want to use real time Antivirus Scan cause i notice it slows down the pc a bit. I beleive in the Proactive Security and Defense.

Then try Panda Cloud Antivirus.

Nikos said:
Apart for that no AV can detect anything or can remove virus successfully.

That is not true a lot of antivirus programs are successful at detecting and removing viruses.

Nikos said:
Your forum is great by the way!

That is great to hear. ;)

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012

panda cloud antivirus misses threats and cannot disinfect successfully. I hope avira cloud beta will produce a better cloud app. or is there any good?

Also i use Advance SysemCare v6 beta and that has malware removal app too and Security defense as well but no real time protection from the cloud.

What the best cloud antivirus btw?

P

Plexx

For a paid security, I would recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 5. No slow down despite its high memory usage compared to most solutions.

One thing is disabling the first 2 tasks of the scheduler within ESET UI and your set.

Even if you want to simply focus on prevention since by running CFW means you also have D+ running along side, you will need a real time protection AV solution

Here is a screenshot of my tweaked system running solely ESET along with nearly all dell applications from my laptop (webroot is currently being tested in Virtual Machine as per my configuration (see signature)).

HMB9b

P

Plexx

Nikos said:
panda cloud antivirus misses threats and cannot disinfect successfully. I hope avira cloud beta will produce a better cloud app. or is there any good?

Also i use Advance SysemCare v6 beta and that has malware removal app too and Security defense as well but no real time protection from the cloud.

What the best cloud antivirus btw?

Every solution will miss threats until there are signatures available.

Avira is a bit new to cloud but definitely highly desired amongst many users across the internet.

Iobit malware removal I wouldn't put a my hands on fire at the moment.

Sure one removal tool is not enough, so that is why most recommend Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Super AntiSpyware etc.

There has been some security products reviews done by me and other users so you can always check for some reference points: Here

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Kingsoft Free Antivirus 2013 i hear its cloud based and very good. Would you agree?

P

Plexx

umbra, Earth, ReviewsAntivirus and some other users had or still use.

I didn't use it at all.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
what do you think your using a MAC? Get something light @ minimum MSE. Hope you have a good system image to revert to once you get infected.

P

Plexx

pcjunklist said:
what do you think your using a MAC? Get something light @ minimum MSE. Hope you have a good system image to revert to once you get infected.

Once he has the security covered then I suppose we can go to backup and maintenance.

to date there are more MAC av's than Linux :p

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Just referring to the MAC idea of computer security. Dude I got a MAC no way am I gonna get a virus bro. Definitely need to have a backup plan, I'm surprised Mclovin didn't jump all over that :)

Biozfear said:
pcjunklist said:

Once he has the security covered then I suppose we can go to backup and maintenance.

to date there are more MAC av's than Linux :p

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
MACs are too expensivebut they are great, cant afford them though!

Comodo Firewall plus Defense+ along with EAM and i think iam very safe!

Just testing EAM at the moment!

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
If your going the CIS + EAM route check out umbra's great writeup
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-CIS-EAM-for-max-compatibility-security
Nikos said:
MACs are too expensivebut they are great, cant afford them though!

Comodo Firewall plus Defense+ along with EAM and i think iam very safe!

Just testing EAM at the moment!

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Stupid Umbra and his contagious virus. Niko must convert to the dark side. :D

He should definitely give Panda a try. Lightweight and effective!

D

Deleted member 178

Tobi said:
Stupid Umbra and his contagious virus. Niko must convert to the dark side. :D

Dark Lord of the Sith Umbrapolaris' code:

"Peace (AV-less system) is a lie, there is only passion. (for CIS+EAM)
Through passion, I gain strength. (of detection)
Through strength , I gain power. (for removal)
Through power, I gain victory. (over malwares)
Through victory, my chains are broken.(from reformatting)
The Force shall free me. (From infection)

:butcher:

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I think You have really gone crazy behind CIS and EAM and the virus is blocking your thoughts all you think is cis and eam all the time I guess EAM should Give You a life time licence of EAM for their lifetime promotions
Thanks

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
Just referring to the MAC idea of computer security. Dude I got a MAC no way am I gonna get a virus bro. Definitely need to have a backup plan, I'm surprised Mclovin didn't jump all over that :)

Biozfear said:

That was going to be the next thing I say, have you got any backup options?

There are heaps of free ones out there that you can pick from:

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
EAM is great guys but i noticed it kind of slow down the pc.

Should i keep it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why do you consider your level of security risk to be High?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.