Nikos' Config

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos said:
RAM => 3 GB DDR2

CPU => Intel Core 2 Duo T7500

I try to avoid real time scanners because somehow -although not quite sure- i beleive Defense+ along with Comodo Dragon (ADP + NoScript + WOT) ans Comodo SecureDns Servers will protect me.

Please enlight me since so many days now i cant decide what i really need.

my laptop :

Intel core 2 Duo P7350, 4gb Ram, heavily tweaked Win7 x64 = no slowdown with all my security softs.

EMET will not replace an AV, just protect some apps from manipulation by malwares,

Some malwares (GPcode, for example) bypass D+ but are catched by Comodo AV so just D+ is not enough , for a very low impact on your system , the AV of comodo will give you a quite good protection.

Remember that HMP is just on-demand, so the delay between the potential bypassing of D+ (or other HIPS) and your manual scan, your system is breached.
HMP failed to remove a malware on a friend laptop that used Comodo FW and allowed a process to run because it was packed with a software he trusted (it didnt understood the popup properly)

Unless you use Sandboxie paid (the product) and isolate all your system , your are still vulnerable, D+ will stop most of the malwares but not all, no apps is perfect.

now it depend of you, honestly if i was you i will go just with CIS.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
I see.

What if use CFW + EAM? Wouldnt that be better than using CIS?

EAM is both an AV and AM.

Also D+ and EAM are both antimalware. Cant they conflict somehow since they both try to gain control over a potential malware threat?

D

Deleted member 178

CFW and EAM is a very good combo.

"Anti-malware" is just a name now, not a category designation anymore, Emsisoft "Anti-Malware " protect against all kind of malwares/virus/spywares, etc...like most other anti-malwares/Anti-viruses

D+ is a HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) it is technically an "anti-malware" but it doesn't have any engine that may conflict with an AV, an HIPS will block everything trying to run in your system, even if the apps is clean, an HIPS works on a deny/allow basis (means it will ask you to choose to allow/deny every processes that try to run).
example: i like to use System Ninja portable (a kind of cleaner) i know for sure it is a clean and legit apps, but when itry to run for the first time, D+ react and tell me that this executable is not recognized then ask me to allow/block/sandbox it.

So D+ (or other HIPS like Online Armor, Malware Defender, etc...) will not conflict with EAM's antivirus (it will complement it) but they may overlap their protection since EAM has a Behavior Blocker. It is why every security sofs must be setup accordingly to the others.

I am using Both full CIS + EAM without any conflicts since more than a year. I set them like this : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-CIS-EAM-for-max-compatibility-security

EAM is a companion AV means it can run alongside almost any other AVs

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for the explanation guys.

I decied to run CIS too like you. Veryu light.

Buit when i installed EAM by pc got considerably slow so i removed it after 2 hours of use.
Its not light as CIS is.

Also my system got slow with Rollback Rx as well.

So CIS Pro 212 only for me and hitman pro as on demand av.

D

Deleted member 178

EAM is optional for paranoid users like me, and may be heavy in some non-tweaked systems; with CIS Nikos is protected enough.

D

Deleted member 178

No problem Nikos. :D feel free to ask us any questions if needed.

muddappa

May 22, 2012
u can use avast! free AV. u can choose to install only the components u need. for example, if u don't use an IM program, u won't need the IM shield. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos said:
CIS PRO 2012 with HitMan Pro v3.6 and i think iam fine.

Yes personally you don't need anything else.
btw, why do you use CIS Pro and not the free version (they are exactly same, except Pro offers you some services) ? you need the free live support?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
CIS is free trial for only for a month , what do you mean its free?

D

Deleted member 178

no lol, CIS is Totally free ^^ you dont have to pay for using all its features.

I think you have installed the Pro (aka Paid) version :D that just add 24/7 live support and 500$ guarantee.

check there and click the green box : https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Didnt knew that thanks!

I saw here http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/ and thought it is paid software. But thats Pro as ypou say.

Didnt buy it though since i found working activate key from a warez site :)

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos said:
Didnt buy it though since i found working activate key from a warez site :)

:lolz: you should not say that here openly , it is against the rules of the forum :p

Before comodo gave a lot of Pro license but nobody used them since it is free :D

if you can , uninstall the pro version and install the free one instead (dont forget to save your settings), your GUI will not have the support "guy" picture and you will not be reminded that your license will expired.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Yes...but wont geekbuddy come in handy sometime when something wont work as expected?

Yes...but wont geekbuddy come in handy sometime when something wont work as expected?

or malware infected? i will have these guys do the hard work for me since iam a paid customer ;)

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Also i wnated to ask you what you feel about changing chrome's plugin ABP with heuristic Nimi Cleanser plugin.

Have you ever tried it?

D

Deleted member 178

yes it is of course, but better you learn to do by yourself, anyway members will help you in case of issues.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks you this is indeed the best antimalware forum ive ever seen!

Also i wnated to ask you what you feel about changing chrome's plugin ABP with heuristic Nimi Cleanser plugin.

Have you ever tried it?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.