Nikos' Config

P

Plexx

Nikos said:
Ill use the both until a potential problem apperas.
Also want to check who will popup and alert me first for something malicious, my bet is on CFW.
If i was forced to use just one i would go of course with CFW & D+.

Nikos said:
I have them both enabled nothing happened so far.

It his highly recommended not to run 2 separate firewall programs.

From what I remember, Panda's firewall was rather silent. On my tests it automatically denied connections by infections. I had to actually check because at no stage I really saw a pop up.

Nikos, disable Panda firewall if you want a more solid firewall. Disable Comodo if you want to give Panda's a try.

And remember: always test combos on virtual machine before attempting on your host machine.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nikos said:
Would there be a problem if both Firewalls run at the same time?

It's never a good idea to run two software firewalls.

Just because you may not see any problems while you are running two of them does not mean they aren't conflicting.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
I run ComboFix just to see how it works and it have deleted the following files.

c:\windows\system32\Packet.dll
c:\windows\system32\wpcap.dll

Was those viruses?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
This is its log file and also it has left l;ots of files in 'C:\' which dont allow me to delete.

How can i completely uninstall it?

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 483
D

Deleted member 178

those are WinPcap files, do you use Wireshark or other network packet capture soft?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
No just Network Watcher but I don't think these were its files since its working ok without them.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
But I didn't install any of them perhaps Comodo firewall was using it?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Also is there a way to delete any system services previously left by removed applications like freemake video capturing service? i want to ahve on services only services that they are used by active applications not leftovers by previously un-installed apps.

Is there a way to do that?

P

Plexx

WinDump also uses wincap drivers.

Are you sure you haven't installed any of those products?

P

Plexx

Nikos said:
Also is there a way to delete any system serviced previously left by remoevd applications like freemake video capturinf service? i want to ahve on services only services that they are used by active applications not leftovers by previously uninstalled apps.

check the leftovers drivers first since majority is related to the drivers, despite not having the application anymore.

I have a thread about that. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Letfover-devices

Make sure when you view the drivers, you view the hidden ones as well etc.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Does Comodo Dragon have a built-in spell checker at all? :p

Image | http://goo.gl/yWi3R

I've gone and fixed them up Niko.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Biozfear said:
Nikos said:
Also is there a way to delete any system serviced previously left by remoevd applications like freemake video capturinf service? i want to ahve on services only services that they are used by active applications not leftovers by previously uninstalled apps.

check the leftovers drivers first since majority is related to the drivers, despite not having the application anymore.

I have a thread about that. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Letfover-devices

Make sure when you view the drivers, you view the hidden ones as well etc.

I not only want to disable them but also completely uninstall them.

P

Plexx

Removing the driver and most cases service is removed...

Check thread and see recommendations. My initial question was based on CMD command...

D

Deleted member 178

Run -> regedit , then go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services

found the service you want to remove, right click delete.

be sure to do a backup of the registry in case of mistake

P

Plexx

Removing services without checking if there are drivers leftovers ain't too good of an idea still. Some services might not look like they are dependent on anything when they can be...

Backup the actual system prior to do any changes.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks, any idea how to completely remove ComboFix's leftovers in my hard drive?

especially 2 folders which wont let me delete.

Qoobox
ProgramData

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.