Nikos' Config

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
me too but thats heuristic! no easy update lists or fanboy's update lists.

Also ABP and AB dont block ads just hide them.

D

Deleted member 178

i googled it a bit, and found out that it may have some Fps and when people warned about it, the developers ask to remove the post... :dodgy:

so i will stick with ABP.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I remember when I didn't know what that meant, everyone was saying "There are to many FP's" and I had no idea :p

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Switched to AdBlockPlus as well since in 2baksa.net Nimi Cleanser failed to block the ads there....

Also is NoScript necessary by your opinion? I block evne youtube videos before i trust the domain!
Do you suggest using it?

D

Deleted member 178

I used it before but removed it, it was annoying to always click the allow button...worse than a HIPS :D

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Would it be of any help if i run MalwareBytes Pro v1.62 as a realtime scanner as well?

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos said:
Would it be of any help if i run MalwareBytes Pro v1.62 as a realtime scanner as well?

it will work well, i tried before but i preferred EAM since it uses less RAM on idle, MBAM services (when Pro activated) uses around 30+mb WS. then you add 10+ when opening it

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
But it catches 93% of zero days threat right while EAM catches 95% correct?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Please create a post in the war room when you wish to have a comparison.

Also, while Wise Care 365 is final, ASC v6 is on beta, so it is not a fair comparison.

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos, remember to disable the Firewall in PCAV Pro if you still use CFW, and check that the Behavior Blocker and USB vaccine are enabled.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
An i was bout to ask you that umbra with a rain fo questions :)

Would there be a problem if both Firewalls run at the same time?

D

Deleted member 178

PCAV Pro's Firewall is not like Webroot one, it is not designed to run with another one (unless someone say im wrong), so make your choice.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Nikos, remember to disable the Firewall in PCAV Pro if you still use CFW, and check that the Behavior Blocker and USB vaccine are enabled.
The firewall is off by default but asks if you will like it on during installation. The behavioral settings are enabled by default and the auto vaccination feature is also off.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Ill use the both until a potential problem apperas.
Also want to check who will popup and alert me first for something malicious, my bet is on CFW.
If i was forced to use just one i would go of course with CFW & D+.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Nikos said:
Ill use the both until a potential problem apperas.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Sure it is a community firewall but it is not like Webroot or Avast. :angel:

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Nikos said:
I have them both enabled nothing happened so far.
When something does happen there will be no warning because driver conflicts are almost unnoticeable... like ninjas. :cool: Why are you using both anyways?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.