Windows Defender SmartScreen
User Account
Standard - User has some control over the settings
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Eset Internet Security 11 (default setup with HIPS in Smart Mode), Norton ConnectSafe DNS
Security Protection settings
Custom - Minor changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Hitman Pro, Norton Power Eraser
Browsers and Extensions
Google Chrome with Google Translate, 1Password, HTTPS Everywhere & UBlock Origin addons
Web Privacy
None
Password Management
1Password - currently in trial
Default Web Search
Google
System Utilities collection
Ccleaner portable
Personal data Backup
OneDrive & external HDD for occasional backups
Intervals between Personal data backups
Always-on Sync
Disk Imaging Backup
AOMEI backupper (not used regularly, just on demand)
Intervals between System Image backups
None
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Hello again! Again, because I am Nikos751 and I needed to create a new account. Here is my configuration. I want a reliable and secure system so as the greek ancient philosopher Kleovoulos said, "Moderation is best".

harlan4096

MalwareTips Staff
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
@NikosNx: please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version of Eset InterNet Security.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: Norton Power Eraser or MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • As for Browser Extensions, You may add uBlock Origin.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add some browser extensions: and a VPN service.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Added Ublock Origin after a long time not using it because of a bigger attack surface with addons & replaced ZAM portable with NPE. I also specified that I have HIPS in EIS in Smart Mode. If I occasionally need a system backup I use AOMEI backupper. Thank you all.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
Looks like a good config :) I would also say to add Windscribe VPN (great VPN; free version better than many others) like @LDogg said. 1Password is a great password manager that I used to use all the time until I had to have a password manager for my Chromebook for school, so great choice :)

I

illumination

Added Ublock Origin after a long time not using it because of a bigger attack surface with addons & replaced ZAM portable with NPE. I also specified that I have HIPS in EIS in Smart Mode. If I occasionally need a system backup I use AOMEI backupper. Thank you all.
Great addition.. Ublock is definitely a worth while tool. Last night i was throwing malicious URL's at CIS V11 Webfilter, and had to allow almost everyone of them through Ublock before the webfilter was able to react.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
Great addition.. Ublock is definitely a worth while tool. Last night i was throwing malicious URL's at CIS V11 Webfilter, and had to allow almost everyone of them through Ublock before the webfilter was able to react.
That's great! I didn't know uBlock was so good for malicious URLs :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Were you using the default lists enabled?