Jul 5, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Eset Internet Security 11 (default setup with HIPS in Smart Mode), Norton ConnectSafe DNS
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome with Google Translate, 1Password, HTTPS Everywhere & UBlock Origin addons
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner portable
File and Photo backup
OneDrive & external HDD for occasional backups
System recovery
AOMEI backupper (not used regularly, just on demand)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@NikosNx: please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version of Eset InterNet Security.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: Norton Power Eraser or MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • As for Browser Extensions, You may add uBlock Origin.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add some browser extensions: and a VPN service.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Extensions to use: uBlock Origin, Privacy possum, ScriptSafe and others.
Privacy: sandboxie and Windscribe
Change default search engine to Startpage or DuckDuckGo
Backup using Harlans advice.
OSArmor can be used too.

~LDogg

NikosNx

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 3, 2018
Added Ublock Origin after a long time not using it because of a bigger attack surface with addons & replaced ZAM portable with NPE. I also specified that I have HIPS in EIS in Smart Mode. If I occasionally need a system backup I use AOMEI backupper. Thank you all.

Last edited:

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Looks like a good config :) I would also say to add Windscribe VPN (great VPN; free version better than many others) like @LDogg said. 1Password is a great password manager that I used to use all the time until I had to have a password manager for my Chromebook for school, so great choice :)

I

illumination

Added Ublock Origin after a long time not using it because of a bigger attack surface with addons & replaced ZAM portable with NPE. I also specified that I have HIPS in EIS in Smart Mode. If I occasionally need a system backup I use AOMEI backupper. Thank you all.
Great addition.. Ublock is definitely a worth while tool. Last night i was throwing malicious URL's at CIS V11 Webfilter, and had to allow almost everyone of them through Ublock before the webfilter was able to react.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Great addition.. Ublock is definitely a worth while tool. Last night i was throwing malicious URL's at CIS V11 Webfilter, and had to allow almost everyone of them through Ublock before the webfilter was able to react.

That's great! I didn't know uBlock was so good for malicious URLs :)

NikosNx

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 3, 2018
Were you using the default lists enabled?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.