No AV with Comodo FW?

T

The paranoid one

Yes, you can use only CF, but if you use it with an AV, Sandbox will have less work, and that will be more comfortable for you. You can use Comodo Internet Security, or CF + Avast or Qihoo.
Panda is very light, but I´m 100% agree with @LanDude. I have never been lucky with it, it has given me serious problems in uninstalling and besides today, it is not a good antivirus (IMO), I think it was better years ago

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I prefer to use it with a supplementary AV in case malware somehow evades Comodo's sandboxing but it's enough on its own as long as you don't go unblocking anything you're not absolutely sure is safe.

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Why not just use Comodo Internet Security? It gives you everything you need and all runs together seamlessly without the popup ads and slowdowns of other AVs. You won't need the AV if the sandbox is enabled on proactive settings but its good to have it anyways. People say the AV portion of Comodo is weak but its getting better everyday with Valkyrie. I've installed CIS 10 and have not looked back.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Comodo's HIPS is even better, cruelsister's testing proves it, but it takes a little getting used to, then again since Microsoft recently decided to allow rootkits on Windows 10, because of Intel, HIPS may become useful again. HIPS + Sandbox will beat anything known to exist.

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
adding AV alongside CFW is just for convenience, and it may cause a problem due to compatibility, I have some bad experiences adding AV with CFW, if you really want to add AV then just use CIS instead of CFW.

CFW with CS' settings is enough, no need any AV, you just need on-demand scanner like ZAM free or MBAM free. I'm using CFW + ZAM free now :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.