Solved "no bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key"

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-0-1

Thread author
Feb 2, 2013
I followed all instruction on the http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-fix-no-bootable-device-–-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key post and needless to say the initial fix did not work. I have attached the required TXT files with this post. Only thing I can deduce out of those file is that the line:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The requested system device cannot be found.

in the result.txt does not seem right? I can access the drives and also scanned it via chkdsk /f.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 838
  • Result.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 654

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Hi welcome to the forum!

Try this: Go into system recovery > command prompt and type:

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

and press Enter. Let it run for a while

Upvote 0

1-0-1

Thread author
Feb 2, 2013
Sorry should have mentioned I have trieded all the bootrec options with no success. Error message stayed the same.

Upvote 0

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
On another PC, open notepad and copy & paste the following:

Disk=0 Partition=3 inactive
Disk=0 Partition=3 active
Disk=0 Partition=3 inactive
Disk=0 Partition=3 active
custom

save it as fix.txt onto the USB with Listparts. Plug the USB back into the unbootable PC, go into command prompt, start listparts and click fix. If it still doesn't boot, do another Startup repair if you haven't

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.