Solved "No bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhadoughboi

Thread author
May 4, 2013
I have an Acer Aspire notebook.. it has no disk drive. I've had it for around 2 months and bout a week ago started getting this message, "no bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key". I've turned it off, took the battery out, let it set.. really don't know what else to do being as I can't even go to basically nothing. Is there anything I can do? Anything I can install from another computer to a flash drive or something to make it work?

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Moved to: Troubleshooting Software/Hardware Issues forum

What window version is it? 32 or 64 bit?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Check if the HDD might not inserted properly, or go to BIOS by pressing del button/F2 or F8 depends for the laptop model.

Make sure the HDD is in the primary boot option.

Upvote 0

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Please check your PM, I can't seem to post instructions here.. the formatting goes haywire

Upvote 0

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
MBR has been corrupted.

go to recovery console. Use Windows installation disk to get into recovery console.

In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, type the following command at the Recovery Console prompt:

BOOTREC /FIXMBR

Type the command exactly as written: BOOTREC, a space, a forward slash, and then FIXMBR not followed by a period. Press Enter.

In Windows XP, you type the following command to fix the master boot record at the Recovery Console prompt:

FIXMBR

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.