Solved No internet after using malware removal software

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I am trying different solutions, this is very hard thing to fix...

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach Fixlog.txt report after it is finished.

You will find export.reg file on your Desktop, please upload it to zippyshare and copy download link here...

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    108 bytes · Views: 51
Reactions: Uphallman

Uphallman

Thread author
Verified
Jul 1, 2014
It certainly is! I really appreciate everything you've done. It's above and beyond duty. Thank you.

I'll let you know how it goes. FRST here I come...

Cheers,

Gav

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

You will find export.reg file on your Desktop, please upload it to zippyshare and copy download link here...

Uphallman

Thread author
Verified
Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

Ran the fixlist. The Fixlog is attached.

I've uploaded the export.reg file to zippyshare. The link is: http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/68238061/file.html

Cheers again,

Gav

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    665 bytes · Views: 50

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Is this private PC or used for for server or something else, because your problem doesn't reflect this is home PC, and that way this is beyond my reach.

Uphallman

Thread author
Verified
Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

It's just a home use laptop. I'm pretty sure it's only ever used for surfing the net and playing games. I think there was no security on it and when it started to go wrong someone tried to backtrack by installing anti-malware and anti-virus programs that were as bad as the malware and bugs that were already there!

You have been amazing and very patient with me. The laptop is operating at much faster rate.

I have a Windows 7 boot disc so I'll probably just do a factory reset. I was trying to avoid that so it retained all it's setting and programs, but if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be!

Again, thank you so much for your time and perseverance.

Gav

Is this private PC or used for for server or something else, because your problem doesn't reflect this is home PC, and that way this is beyond my reach.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
That is probably the best and eaaiest option. Your PC was really heavily infected, and in all that mess some settings were broken, and it is almost inpossible to fix it.

Just save your important files, reinstall system and copy them again.
This time, install your Antivirus as soon as possible...

Cheers :)

Reactions: Uphallman

Uphallman

Thread author
Verified
Jul 1, 2014
Ha! Will do. I'll also give him a lesson in how to uncheck boxes!!

Many thanks again,

Gav

That is probably the best and eaaiest option. Your PC was really heavily infected, and in all that mess some settings were broken, and it is almost inpossible to fix it.

Just save your important files, reinstall system and copy them again.
This time, install your Antivirus as soon as possible...

Cheers :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.