Solved No internet connection with MBAM Premium 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomC

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
Hello guys! I just had a problem with MBAM Premium 2.0. Every time I enable Malicious Website Protection in MBAM Premium 2.0, I am not able to connect to the internet or no internet connection results. I cannot even update MBAM Premium 2.0 or it doesn't update itself prompting that it cannot connect to the update server.I am already experiencing this for a long time now and I can no longer ignore this. I just disable Malicious Website Protection of MBAM Premium every time I am surfing the web which is really unlikely. Please help. By the way, my OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit and I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security with MBAM Premium.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hello guys, nothing has changed since following above recommendations.

If your system is 32 bit go in to program files & look for malwarebytes,in side folder look for mbam-chameleon application & run it & see what it tells you.
If your system is 64 bit go in to program files (86) & look for malwarebytes,in side folder look for mbam-chameleon application & run it & see what it tells you.
Plz report back :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TomC

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
Hi Terry, I attached an image regarding your recommendation. By the way, thank you.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

TomC

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 3, 2012
Thank you for the reply,did it work? Did malwarebytes work after that did it update?
Hi Terry, its still the same. It will only update and I can connect only to the internet if the Malicious Website Protection is disabled. Maybe, I will just wait for the new version update to come. I will just leave it like this for the moment. I really don't know why. I used the same set up when I was still using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit before. But, anyway, thank you so much guys for the concern.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Upvote 0

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hi Terry, its still the same. It will only update and I can connect only to the internet if the Malicious Website Protection is disabled. Maybe, I will just wait for the new version update to come. I will just leave it like this for the moment. I really don't know why. I used the same set up when I was still using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit before. But, anyway, thank you so much guys for the concern.

Ok champ:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.