No mention of a Windows phone at Build, is it dead?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
During the first day of Build, the software giant actually talked more about Android and iPhones than its very own mobile platform.
Microsoft offered demos of several breaking technologies, and unsurprisingly, smartphones were involved every time. The presentations, however, were mostly made on iPhones and on some occasions, on Android devices, while Windows phones were absolutely nowhere to be seen.

Furthermore, Microsoft has also announced that a mobile Azure app would launch on Android and iOS, again with no confirmation of a Windows phone version. Later, the company said that a UWP version is also planned, though the focus is clearly on Android and iOS.

Reactions: Rengar

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
With a mere 1.6% user base Windows Phone OS is more or less dead...

Reactions: Rengar

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
In comparison to Linux, Windows phone OS new users is close to nil and the existing user base of WP OS has been steadily falling out by upgrading to newer Android or iOS devices.

RicharDooM

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2016
I think there's no question about what will happen with this platform. They've fuc*ed all their user rough! There's no update for win10 for like 80% of their phones, and without them not a single app can be updated, nor it can work. There are 4/5 "new" phones and no announcement about any upcoming models. Since Nokia's contract is due with Microsoft they don't even have the production or the patents they can use for new phones. I hate Android, but now I would much rather buy new Nokia from China then any windows-powered phone.
I'm quite bivalent about this though, I still have windows phone (secondary), loved to use it, but hate the entire platform and what Microsoft did with it!

Reactions: Kuttz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.