• Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
  • R5-3600
  • RTX 2070
  • 32GB DDR4
  • 1 SSD + 2 HDD
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hey Noche, I would recommend a suite(paid) of some sort, If it was me I would pick Bitdefender Total Security or Kaspersky Total Security, then I would harden Windows with Syshardener & OSAmor,.
For scanner it is fine with Malwarebytes, but I would add HitmanPro & Norton Power Eraser to the mix.
Good Configuration by the way. :)

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I added Kaspersky just for this.

1.jpg
:D

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
FF Browser has way way too many extensions, plus you don't need Bitdefender & Norton Safe Web on the same browser, this is certainly overkill.

Same for Chrome you do not need Windows, Norton & Bitdefender on the same browser, this is even more overkill than Firefox lmao

The rest however looks great, ty for sharing.

~LDogg

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
FF Browser has way way too many extensions, plus you don't need Bitdefender & Norton Safe Web on the same browser, this is certainly overkill.

Same for Chrome you do not need Windows, Norton & Bitdefender on the same browser, this is even more overkill than Firefox lmao

I have these extensions because I think that the logic of the operating system does not apply in the browsers. As for ram memory consumption I don't notice much difference having one security extension to have three.

Been a long time since I've seen someone use Trusteer Rapport, hows it working for you? I used it briefly many moons ago .

It works for some extra security options that don't come with the extensions I use.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I have these extensions because I think that the logic of the operating system does not apply in the browsers. As for ram memory consumption I don't notice much difference having one security extension to have three.

This reason baffles me and makes no sense. You only need 1 of out the 2/3, not all 2/3. Factually this is nonsensical and overkill. The memory consumption isn't the issue. Having too many extensions that do the same thing is the issue. And 1-2 need o be removed and stick to one security per browser. No excuses tbh, but this is your computer and is completely optional.

~LDogg

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Don't use all those chrome extensions best case scenario your browser will be slow worst case your attack surface has been reduced
/One extension got hacked

I prefer a default deny based phishing approach whatever based on reputation or not
Only downside is that if a reputable website has been hijacked you wont be protected

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Removed: Windows 10 Firewall Control & Configure Defender
Added: CryptoPrevent + OSArmor + Malwarebytes Firewall Control

I'm still looking for some free HIPS solution that will convince me but I don't think there is one, just comodo and spyshelter.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.