Nokia 6230 - Luddite mobile security config

Discussion in 'MSC Archive' started by Myriad, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Myriad

Myriad Level 7

May 22, 2016
    " The Gentleman Loser "
    #1 Myriad, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    In keeping with the Malwaretips " house style " , I thought it was about time I posted a mobile config.

As the title suggests , I am a real Luddite when it comes to mobile devices , so please don't take this too seriously :)

Pros and Cons with this phone.

On the plus side , it makes and receives calls and texts anywhere , records video and has an SD card , and has great battery life.
    It has been all over the world with me and has suffered some horrific abuse , and it still works just fine .

It cost me nothing and it is worth nothing so I do not have to pay for insurance , unlike some of my friends
    ( because they keep losing their i-Phones ).

On the minus side , I get mocked and ridiculed whenever people see me using it :)

Security Tweaks :
    No internet connection
    No GPS
    I keep Bluetooth disabled by default

Logethica and LabZero like this.
  2. LukeNukesEm

LukeNukesEm Level 5

Sep 14, 2016
    The Moon
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Not really any security here except for the sim card lock. If I could only change one thing it would be not to root it of course. But then again if you prefer complete freedom over security thats fine, just doesn't really become a security config so I'm not sure why you would post it. Then again it is a windows phone and you don't use the internet so the odds of being faced with a chance of a potential threat is like 1 in 1 billion. Thanks for sharing though!