Nokia 6230 - Luddite mobile security config

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
In keeping with the MalwareTips " house style " , I thought it was about time I posted a mobile config.

As the title suggests , I am a real Luddite when it comes to mobile devices , so please don't take this too seriously :)

Pros and Cons with this phone.

On the plus side , it makes and receives calls and texts anywhere , records video and has an SD card , and has great battery life.
It has been all over the world with me and has suffered some horrific abuse , and it still works just fine .

It cost me nothing and it is worth nothing so I do not have to pay for insurance , unlike some of my friends
( because they keep losing their i-Phones ).

On the minus side , I get mocked and ridiculed whenever people see me using it :)

Security Tweaks :
No internet connection
No GPS
I keep Bluetooth disabled by default

Last edited:

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Not really any security here except for the sim card lock. If I could only change one thing it would be not to root it of course. But then again if you prefer complete freedom over security thats fine, just doesn't really become a security config so I'm not sure why you would post it. Then again it is a windows phone and you don't use the internet so the odds of being faced with a chance of a potential threat is like 1 in 1 billion. Thanks for sharing though!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.