Nokia X20 Brings 5G Phones Down to $415

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

The headline feature of the X20 is Qualcomm's brand-new Snapdragon 480 SoC, which was just announced back in January. The Snapdragon 480 is an 8 nm chip, with two 2 GHz Arm Cortex A76 CPUs and six 1.8 Ghz Cortex A55 CPUs. This is Qualcomm's first low-end SoC to support 5G, if that does anything for you, and there's even an option (though Nokia did not exercise it on the X20) for mmWave antennas. More importantly, Qualcomm says the CPU and GPU should be twice as fast as the old Snapdragon 460.

The other big news of the day is that Nokia is extending support to three years now, with three years of major OS updates and three years of monthly security updates. Previously, the company was doing two years of major updates. It seems like everyone—even lame-duck manufacturers like LG—is extending their Android support lately.

The rest of the specs include a 6.67-inch, 2400×1080 LCD, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, a 4470 mAh battery, and Android 11. You get a side fingerprint sensor, NFC, a headphone jack, a microSD slot, and dual-band Wi-Fi support up to 802.11ac. There is an excessive amount of rear cameras, with a 64 MP main camera, a 5 MP ultra-wide, a 2 MP depth camera, and a 2 MP macro camera. On the front, you get a 32 MP camera in a circular display cutout.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Qualcomm's low-end SoC. (n)
I agree as I also saw another review mention both that and it's lower screen specs. Personal I'm more then likely not jumping to any of Nokias new models, unless they can release something a bit more powerful. Xiaomis Mi 11 for example is something I could consider.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.