Non-Official 360 Total Security 5.0.0.2055 Detected as virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
I think I understand what you're saying.

Downloading from unknown users or untrusted sites like Mega (including other File Sharing sites) impose a risk. I would always recommend using the developers or a trusted mirror to download any software.
Totally agree with you friend, you must always download the official page, but wanted to know this information.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Where you got this file?
Yesterday a friend went to a page and download it, someone commented that your antivirus detect it as a virus and I started researching.

Pass anasis Virus Total to see what it was and this is what came out.

So I throw this thread to report.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Yesterday a friend went to a page and download it, someone commented that your antivirus detect it as a virus and I started researching.

Pass anasis Virus Total to see what it was and this is what came out.

So I throw this thread to report.
I'm not asking who sent you a link to it, I'm asking for the site where you downloaded it.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
I'm not asking who sent you a link to it, I'm asking for the site where you downloaded it.
Hello friend so I am waiting to see if I answer, if I said where you have downloaded, I'll say this quick thread ok

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@BoraMurdar There are 2 Mega URLs posted, which one does your post refer to? One named "Yes virus.rar" and the other "No virus.rar".

Reactions: BoraMurdar

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
@BoraMurdar There are 2 Mega URLs posted, which one does your post refer to? One named "Yes virus.rar" and the other "No virus.rar".
You want the original download where to download it?

is this: http: //www45.zippyshare.com/v/87496499/file.html

infected

I got on mega.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
[Quote = "Huracán, post: 292829, miembro de: 3"] [USER = 2291]BoraMurdar [/ USUARIO] Hay 2 Mega URL publicados, que uno tiene su puesto refiere? Uno llamado "Sí virus.rar" y el otro "No virus.rar". [/ Quote]
Yes

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I totally didn't noticed :eek::eek::eek::oops:

I saw one mega link (now the topic is edited)

Yep those are 2 different files. Second one is packed different, cannot be extracted via 7zip. Need to run virtually (sandboxed)

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
I totally didn't noticed :eek::eek::eek::oops:

I saw one mega link (now the topic is edited)

Yep those are 2 different files. Second one is packed different, cannot be extracted via 7zip. Need to run virtually (sandboxed)
There are two links to Mega same version downloaded one other official website of a linck a friend.

One virus

Second viruses

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Phishing
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_11_05_19h52m51s_019.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Exterminator

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Hi Mr. @vindiesel
Mr. M1 asks at the site where you get download link, maybe Mr. M1 will see and examine, whether the site is malicious?
so that no more people trapped (headache) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.