1. Any platform

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Quick question for y’all…. Which PW manager, OF THESE TWO, would you use? One has to go. ✌️

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Both NordPass and Dashlane have their strengths. NordPass is more affordable and easy to use, while Dashlane offers more features like VPN and dark web monitoring. It really depends on your personal needs and budget.

• Thanks
Reactions: BigWrench
F

ForgottenSeer 109138

Quick question for y’all…. Which PW manager, OF THESE TWO, would you use? One has to go. ✌️
Are you looking to use the free or premium versions, what features do you require? If you were to choose the free versions do you have a lot of passwords and would require unlimited passwords storage such as Nord offers or would the set limit of 50 passwords that Dashlane offers be enough.

Its best if you look at these factors yourself instead of asking what is everyone's favorites, because in the end, it has to be tailored to your needs and uses.

F

ForgottenSeer 109138

I have not used either so can't compare. That said I would not trust Nord a VPN company based in Panama with my secrets.

I’ve not heard of anything about the password manager. But it’s a shell company run by a bunch of unnamed executives for ‘secrecy’. Also known as no one to be held responsible when things go bad. There’s the whole Tesonet business if you want a conspiracy theory to follow (not saying I buy that personally). But the reality is they have a bit of a shady history. So I personally don’t trust them.

Can you please link references of why you are stating this and while your at it please link references why you would be able to trust any others over this company. Factual references showing proof the company has done something inappropriate or malicious with users data. "This does not include breaches because they all can be breached'.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Are you looking to use the free or premium versions, what features do you require? If you were to choose the free versions do you have a lot of passwords and would require unlimited passwords storage such as Nord offers or would the set limit of 50 passwords that Dashlane offers be enough.

Its best if you look at these factors yourself instead of asking what is everyone's favorites, because in the end, it has to be tailored to your needs and uses.
Premium. Have 409 logins. Also the “Password Health” features is nice…. Showing reused, weak, compromised passwords etc….
Found NordPass for $19 for 27 months. 😳
No real deals out there for Dashlane. Roughly $30 per year.✌️

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 109138

They have no actual employees listed. They have some advisors, but no names of anyone that can be held accountable. A lot of vague information about two friends founding a company and what looks like a stock photo. This is enough of a red flag for me to prefer a more transparent company.

If you like look at the business filings for Nord’s owners in Panama. Tefincom S.A. with a business address listed in Cyprus.

Not the greatest tech site, but if you look into the companies yourself you can verify most of the information about Tefincom S.A.:

I’m not saying it’s damning evidence of any wrong doing. But since their ownership is clear as mud I would use a different company for security software.

Tom Okman: Information on Tom Okman Link
Eimantas Sabaliauskas : Forbes on Eimantas Link

They crowdfunded their projects and are still the co/CEO's. Outside investors are involved and there is still listed Team of Advisors.
The CEO's Tom & Eimantas and the Board of Directors would be held accountable if there was an issue/s that required leadership.

So I'm not sure what more you need.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

They crowdfunded their projects and are still the co/CEO's. Outside investors are involved and there is still listed Team of Advisors.
The CEO's Tom & Eimantas and the Board of Directors would be held accountable if there was an issue/s that required leadership.

Why don’t they just say that on their website?

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

Also if you look at when that Wikipedia history it was created in 2021. In 2016 when I was looking for this information it was nowhere to be found. My information is clearly out of date.

F

ForgottenSeer 109138

Also if you look at when that Wikipedia history it was created in 2021. In 2016 when I was looking for this information it was nowhere to be found. My information is clearly out of date.
You would have to ask them about their website design. As for not looking since 2016, this is why its always wise to verify and validate before advising.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You would have to ask them about their website design. As for not looking since 2016, this is why its always wise to verify and validate before advising.
My apologies for outdated information. I did in fact look on multiple search engines and honestly had difficulty finding this information. My search was apparently not thorough enough. I have deleted the useless posts to not confuse future readers.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I really like desktop apps, and Dashlane discontinued theirs. However, they have some features that are kinda cool.
NordPass still has a desktop app, which is very nice. Missing some features that would round it out nicely.
Honestly... Right now, between these two, it comes down to support and price. And Dashlane is failing horribly at both.
Keep your opinions coming! ✌️

Reactions: franz
F

ForgottenSeer 109138

I really like desktop apps, and Dashlane discontinued theirs. However, they have some features that are kinda cool.
NordPass still has a desktop app, which is very nice. Missing some features that would round it out nicely.
Honestly... Right now, between these two, it comes down to support and price. And Dashlane is failing horribly at both.
Keep your opinions coming! ✌️
Your best bet is to try one or the other for a few days in the free version, see if it fits your uses ect, look at its premium features you'd get with an upgrade, do those fit as well ect.

Others experience will not necessarily be the same you experience and in the end, the product has to "suit" your needs "pun intended".

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
  • Hundred Points
Reactions: franz and BigWrench

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Your best bet is to try one or the other for a few days in the free version, see if it fits your uses ect, look at its premium features you'd get with an upgrade, do those fit as well ect.

Others experience will not necessarily be the same you experience and in the end, the product has to "suit" your needs "pun intended".
Very true. Got a legacy lifetime license from Dashlane, from beta testing and stuff, around 2010 or so, and when this new "terms and conditions" came out last year, my license suddenly had an expiration date. So I'm quite familiar with the product. Although support has not stepped up. Just the old, "please see our new terms and pricing" BS.
As far as NordPass... Have kept a license active for years. Able to "stack" additional time when a killer deal shows up. Just grabbed 4 years plus 6 months for $.71 cents a month. Their support has been stellar, when needed. Email or chat. ✌️

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Having tested Dashlane and Bitwarden, I tried NordPass and frankly I like it.
Especially as I have accounts in common with a number of people, I like the ease with which I can share passwords. :)
So NordPass!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.