Norton 2013 UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow755

Thread author
Feb 11, 2012
hi

i was wanting too no if any one have found any thing or photos of norton 2013 beta new UI

cant wait too see what it looks like and what norton 2013 will have
normly buy now some in been leak on too the internet like norton v6 photos where

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well actually at the moment no official beta nor UI that came from Symantec Team.

Having simple Google Search stumbled on this page.

Here is the suggestion page from Norton Community.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
Think 2012's is better than that design, hope they will make a better one than the current and not listen to that guy.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Just hope they try something new next time around. Tired of the dark and dull GUI.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We always encounter some "home made" GUI version of Norton but overall let's see how goes from their team in designing it.

Those users who made their UI were just a prediction so no guarantee it would be same on a official result.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
jamescv7 said:
We always encounter some "home made" GUI version of Norton but overall let's see how goes from their team in designing it.

Those users who made their UI were just a prediction so no guarantee it would be same on a official result.

Case in point:

CI96f.jpg

*Shudder*

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
I'd like them to change it, Norton interface is kind of boring in my opinion.
My favourite is Bitdefender but it's a heavy product.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Tom172 said:
CI96f.jpg

*Shudder*

Shudder indeed. That is terrible and puts Metro to shame.

I whipped up this proper Metro inspired bar like design in 30 minutes with Photoshop.

With the current Norton UI it uses heavy dark gradients, I tried it with no gradients and only simple one selection colors.

MZUW4.png

Reality is, No matter which UI style, colors etc the design team choices, Not everyone is going to like it. There is endless possibilities with designs. Either accept it or move on. Thanks. ;)

V

Vextor

MrXidus said:
With the current Norton UI it uses heavy dark gradients, I tried it with no gradients and only simple one selection colors.

MZUW4.png

Reality is, No matter which UI style, colors etc the design team choices, Not everyone is going to like it. There is endless possibilities with designs. Either accept it or move on. Thanks. ;)

Nice design. I would definitely buy Norton if it had that design, and better detection, and less lag.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Tom172 said:
Just hope they try something new next time around. Tired of the dark and dull GUI.

Same, the darkness GUI is getting old and fast.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
bbbbweb said:
MrXidus said:

MZUW4.png

Nice design. I would definitely buy Norton if it had that design, and better detection, and less lag.

Cheers, How was Norton laggy for you?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
http://i.imgur.com/MZUW4.png

Looks kinda Metro :p Nice design. You should of asked Norton if you could be their designer ;)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Nice design there MrXidus.

One other thing that bugs me is the Activity Map on the main GUI. It serves no real purpose other than to look good. Something more useful could be put in it's place.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably list of detected threats found by Norton since installed on the system through their components.

Likely to be more informative IMO.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Probably list of detected threats found by Norton since installed on the system through their components.

Likely to be more informative IMO.

Exactly, something like that would be of more use.

V

Vextor

MrXidus said:
MrXidus said:

That was a few years back, but it registered my system unusable. I've tried it in a VM, and it still takes up about 30MB of memory, while other AV's (namely ESET and Vipre), use about 5MB.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
bbbbweb said:
MrXidus said:
MrXidus said:

That was a few years back, but it registered my system unusable. I've tried it in a VM, and it still takes up about 30MB of memory, while other AV's (namely ESET and Vipre), use about 5MB.

Norton is a funny program when it comes to resources. It will analyse the files it needs to scan so it can be more efficient. This process can take some time for performance to level out and you should notice memory usage and CPU drop as this happens.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
i had norton when i brought this laptop for new....i was terribly slowed down by the download insight.:mad:

i downloaded something one day and it took forever to analyze...then told me to remove the program i removed it and rebooted and norton hogged the CPU to 99% :mad: and wouldnt come down....tried some solutions like reinstalling but none worked then i had to throw away norton and that's when i discovered avast....now i find avast much much much better....it has some excellent protection! that no other product has :D

I guess symantec likes to make more of a bloated product :p but for me i have had a bad history with norton :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.