Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Symantec is working on Norton 360 V6 , currently this product is in Private Beta testing.
Here are some images of the upcoming Norton 360 Version 6 :

[attachment=747]

[attachment=748]

[attachment=746]

Enjoy!

Attachments

• norton3606beta1.jpg
    norton3606beta1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 2,809
  • norton3606beta2.jpg
    norton3606beta2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 3,880
  • norton3606beta3.jpg
    norton3606beta3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,578

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I knew what to expect before I even opened this thread :p

Come on Symantec, try something different.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
No Symantec no. There having a shot at Microsoft's Metro UI and in my opinion does not suit the product, It look's all out of place. But who knows they can always change things up.

Thanks for sharing the screen shots. +

V

Vextor

I really don't think the interface suits the product. White with Black = NO!
Anyway, thanks for sharing the pictures. +1 rep

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Those pictures are just like adapted on beta NAV/NIS 2012 version.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Those pictures are just like adapted on beta NAV/NIS 2012 version.

[attachment=750]

Yeah... It looks like they've took NIS 2012 and added the 'white' things.... :p

Attachments

• eliy4q1qvw.jpg
    eliy4q1qvw.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 976

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Norton 360 down through the years :)

N8TZm.png

x7Ncr.jpg

nortonv3ver2_compare.jpg

AwnSN.jpg

QeVrA.jpg

Yes, they realy just apply the most recent NAV/NIS theme to the 360 template.

If you think of who N360 is aimed at however, mainly people who don't have much security or PC know how, keeping the interface familiar and straghtforward to their customer is probably a wise move.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like Symantec wants that style (the boxes thing interface) so its was trademarked only for Norton 360.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not really a fan of their GUI these days. Thanks for the screenshots. :)

Do you know what's new in this version, or to expect similar to their 2012 range?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Also their performance and detection rate will be only same as as NAV/NIS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If the Backup and Tuneup will be the same as in the previous version, there is no point using Norton 360. If you know what I mean. :)

D

Deleted member 178

ummmmm... you means Norton Utilities and Norton Ghost...almost dead softwares...?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
ummmmm... you means Norton Utilities and Norton Ghost...almost dead softwares...?

N.360 includes the basics of backup and tuneup, whereas N.Utilities and N.Ghost are the full blown products.

I remember using Norton Ghost back between 2004-2006. Excellent software. I was able to "Restores from system failures and recovers everything on your PC".

D

Deleted member 178

Norton Ghost is still a good software but almost abandonned, Norton Utilities was always an avaerage products. i remembered it had more bloated my system rather than cleaned it.

erichilton

Aug 22, 2011
Well, I feel very bad because I am the one who leaked these pics. I did not know that it was against the Norton Disclosure (yea, I should have read all that crap).

I uploaded them on Flikr and then showed them to people on WildersSecurity thinking it was something for people to look forward to =(

However, I will say... version 6 is pretty awesome. It seems a lot more stable and fast. I like how it is compatible with Google Chrome and Opera also.

Needless to say, I am not longer a tester!

erichilton

Aug 22, 2011
Earth said:
If the Backup and Tuneup will be the same as in the previous version, there is no point using Norton 360. If you know what I mean. :)

So far, it is the same thing as the previous version when it comes to the backup and tuneup.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It's nice how everything can be scheduled to run and how it does it so silently, however the tuneup tools aren't any better than something like ccleaner and the backup manager is rather basic for quite an expensive price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.