Status
Not open for further replies.

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
I remember some time ago someone posted that they were using Norton ConnectSafe DNS but didn't know what the block page looks like when a site was blocked. I think it was @Tornado , I said I would try to get a page block to show him what it looks like, but I don't remember the original thread I posted it in, so I hope it's okay I post it here.

Norton DNS is really finicky about actually showing the blocked page message, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't but just blocks the loading without showing the block message.

This is what it looks like when it does show the message:
htib2g.png

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Norton DNS is really finicky about actually showing the blocked page message, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't but just blocks the loading without showing the block message.

Unfortunately this is true. I've had problems with it blocking IP's and had no idea what the problem was. While it is effective at what it does, it really needs to make an effort at displaying (on any device) if the page was blocked. It's one of the reasons why I don't use that DNS (but instead Google DNS for it's speed).

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

@Shran It was me who had never seen one, thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.