Battle Norton DNS vs Comodo DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my observation, IE and GC built in malware protection are better from FF.

Some test it prevented zero days but not most of all.

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
lordman said:
NSG001 said:
Currently using OpenDNS for speed and phishing protection mainly.

I have been testing and if you use firefox phishing protection is similar to OpenDNS.

That's because Firefox use PhishTank so is OpenDNS.

NortonDNS don't use PhishTank so their phishing protection is somewhat weak against new phishing sites in my opinion.

lordman

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
House_maniac said:
i prefer google dns and open dns i mainly use google dns

I dont like Google DNS.

We give our searchs to google, a lot of webs gives its stadistics to google analitics and now we gives our visited webs to google dns.

We give all navigation data to Google. Google DNS is free but nobody do it for free, a lot of datacenters to maintain for free, Google wants our navigation data, all of our navigation data.

OpenDNS is demonized because its adversiting on non-existent or blocked domain but Google DNS is worse and nobody says anything.

I prefer OpenDNS with its adversiting on free service, and i prefer norton dns with its adversiting itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.