Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Using Chrome today and Norton notified me about this:

b3caN.png

Have you experienced this before, what did you do afterwards?

I have CoreTemp in my System Tray, so I can see the Temp and CPU usage.

Cheers.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I am currently using Norton as well and have not experienced this at all.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Could just be an anomaly. Might have Spiked for a few seconds for whatever reason. Not sure how long Norton monitors resource usage before notifying though.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
i think somtimes if you play flash games like on facebook or what not this tends to happen. i used to get google crashing quite often back in my facebook gaming days. lol are you using beta ? or the latest stable build?

Tomo172 said:
Could just be an anomaly. Might have Spiked for a few seconds for whatever reason. Not sure how long Norton monitors resource usage before notifying though.

it notifies the user straight away theres about 2 sec delay :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
i think somtimes if you play flash games like on facebook or what not this tends to happen. i used to get google crashing quite often back in my facebook gaming days. lol are you using beta ? or the latest stable build?

Tomo172 said:

it notifies the user straight away theres about 2 sec delay :)

If you're running Chrome and it uses alot of your CPU, how long will Norton monitor that CPU usage before alerting. If it's only monitoring for 2-4 seconds, that's a bit pointless.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Performance Alert: Displays the CPU, memory, and hard disk usage details of the process.
Norton Internet Security displays the details only when the process exceeds the defined resource consumption threshold limit.
You can use the Don't alert for this file link if you want Norton Internet Security to stop monitoring the program. The link changes to Alert for this file when Norton Internet Security stops monitoring the program.

if you want to understand more click Here

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Weird I have not recieved anything like this.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chrome (stable), I was playing a flash-based game for a couple of hours, and I only have 2 extensions (AdBlock Plus and LastPass).

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I experienced this before and I usually hate these types of pop-ups because it doesn't have anything to do with security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.