Norton Internet Security 2011 reviews by winsevenholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
colTg.png

Norton Internet Security 2011 is a complete application that offers better security to your computer. With features antivirus, firewall and various types of real-time protection, the application can be considered one of the best integrated security solutions available on the market today.

RAM usage: 12MB
FPS9D.png

toolbar for firefox 4.0.1
0qAfC.png

system usage: Low
system impact: Low

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Agree even I'm using NIS before, no cons from that suite. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are Cons with Norton.

- RRP £/$ is expensive (although cheaper deals can be found online).
- Auto-Renewals for extending subscription (if they have your details).
- Norton Toolbar didn't support Firefox 4 (when released).

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Your Cons are a bit misleading. I don't think this is an informative review, :s

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
oh sorry storm and boxx i missed it

@storm: can i add it to my review??

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
A review is not a copy/paste from the software manufacturers website of their product, a review is to me at least just one persons opinion of how they feel about a product (in this case). Not everyone will agree with it and it is neither right or wrong. NIS offers protection for 3 systems and although it would be foolish if one knew it could be bought cheaper than retail it is still not so terribly priced that many would call it expensive. I just don't think it should be so matter of fact in any way, I do see the point from both sides and they are valid but neither to me are right or wrong here. I don't know that I would call it a con but I think it would be cool if Symantec allowed for their DNS service to be provided from within the NIS interface, so it could be a MORE complete solution, but as it stands I feel NIS was well reviewed as I personally see it.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Tweak said:
A review is not a copy/paste from the software manufacturers website of their product, a review is to me at least just one persons opinion of how they feel about a product (in this case). Not everyone will agree with it and it is neither right or wrong. NIS offers protection for 3 systems and although it would be foolish if one knew it could be bought cheaper than retail it is still not so terribly priced that many would call it expensive. I just don't think it should be so matter of fact in any way, I do see the point from both sides and they are valid but neither to me are right or wrong here. I don't know that I would call it a con but I think it would be cool if Symantec allowed for their DNS service to be provided from within the NIS interface, so it could be a MORE complete solution, but as it stands I feel NIS was well reviewed as I personally see it.

yep, i really like this product so much ;)
great and light ans simple to use

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
You really like it and yet, You don't buy it(I understand your situation). :haha:

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Hey win7 its almost been a month and I can't see any improvements over your grammar, Heck umbrapolaris is better than you, :s

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice review Win. Norton is quite a good suite.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Please take time to read what I have posted win7, You're becoming an embarrassment to the forums with your posts that doesn't have proper grammar and quality in them,

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Please take time to read what I have posted win7, You're becoming an embarrassment to the forums with your posts that doesn't have proper grammar and quality in them,

i had do it-boxx, check it at above. dont worry, just little problems make me not concern now. sorry

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
BoXX28 said:

Sorry, I had to :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There is also a factor from prices in Norton as stormgtr stated, however when it came in software (features, usability and etc....) no cons at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.