App Review Norton Internet Security 2012 Beta Test And Review by MrXidus

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It's good that you're not just copying everyone else and instead being more creative. Keep it up.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Copy and pasting links live is what people need do. When links are copied into notepad it can be interpreted as skewed. That why languy99 gets picked on. Cause his links are pretested. When I did my video I had MDL open so everyone can see and just copied and pasted right from there.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Dieselman said:
Copy and pasting links live is what people need do. When links are copied into notepad it can be interpreted as skewed.

Thank you for your feedback that is all Dieselman.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Dieselman said:
Copy and pasting links live is what people need do. When links are copied into notepad it can be interpreted as skewed.

Even If they're copied and pasted live on screen from MDL or whatever, there is still no proof that they havent already been tested off camera. Theres no way of knowing.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
There is a demand for beta product reviews - people are curious and don't want to install/participate in the beta program themselves. Results might not be relevant for the final product and 20 links might not be enough to determine the detection rate of a security application. With that being said I was myself curios too see the new NIS in action and this video satisfied my curiosity. Therefore I thank the author for taking the time to make it.

As for narrating the videos, yes - while making my 2-3 reviews, I also felt disadvantaged by the fact that I can't speak English well enough (my accent is probably terrible too). Some YouTube reviewers add useful/entertaining commentaries to their videos. To compensate, this review has some nice effects and it is short enough, so it is OK, imo. Some might even prefer it this way.

@MrXidus - don't let some comments upset you. You can't make everyone happy but 1,235 subscribers like your videos. Sometimes even negative comments generate good ideas. Anyway, welcome to our forum, I personally enjoy having you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.